For complete newbies.. Guitar tips

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by esgallindeion, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@chitra.......the simplest song u can play with those 3 chords is knockn on heavens door...by bob dylan.....
    its too simple........G D A....G D C..and G D C for the chorus......
    u cud play smelly cat..

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

Oh after seeing this topic I ralize that I'm not newbie ne more now :):):) coz I know all the above things. yahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo

3. amit1983

amit1983 New Member

Help !!!

Hey friends, here's ur newest friend, and in big trouble. I have been motivated a lot from how my friend sid plays the guitar. So i bought myself an acoustic guitar yesterday, with actually no knowledge ( i guess i spelled GUITAR rightly... :eek:: ). Just kidding. So u may be knowing how to start with, as i cant go to a music class, coz i am into my third year of engineering. Someone Please guide me...! I am dying to start with the practice, as my friend has left delhi recently.

4. jyotig

jyotig New Member

5. Ahadsaysyo

Ahadsaysyo New Member

I am a complete noob who has played gutar only for 1 lesson from a teacher.I need to no the fingerings for B5 D5 G5 F5 A5 C5.Plz is bechare ki madad koro na.

6. wisebishop

wisebishop New Member

Hi Guys!! Being an Indian and starting to learn guitar here in US. I love Hindi music including classics. My teacher is an American. All he can teach me is western music. I am interested in sa, re ga ma pa etc. Is there any help available which could translate some of the E A D G B E into sa re ga ma ........ Any book ? Thank you.

7. sisu

sisu New Member

thanks a lot guys..its been really helpuful for me..wud like to know from u guys ...wt the term HAMMERING means as in playin guitar

8. vinyl

vinyl Watch this space

Think of how you use a hammer... when you hit a nail.

In guitar terms... if you see something like 0h7 in a tab, it means play an open string (0) and then put ur finger on the 7th fret (hammer the 7th), without plucking the string again, and hold it.

Hope that helps.

9. anand_sai

anand_sai New Member

wanted to learn guitar

hi,

i wanted to learn guitar .. iam living in Tambaram,Chennai , Tamilnadu.

Can any one suggest where i can learn near by tambaram.

Thanks
    Anadn

10. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Sorry for jumping in......This thread looks interesting n funny as well. I guess there's nthng wrong with what u play but how u play.
    Playing sa re ga.. is definately not bad to start. Its all as good as finding the diff notes n scales on ur frets n the best way of fingering (if u use all 4). I m playing guitar since last 8 months and did started with the chords (n still fiddling with suspensions n 5 n 7 n...) but now i realised how much fingering and playing scales are imp since they strengthens ur finger (very imp, only if u use all 4 fingers) and gives u the logic of playing guitar (finding chords) respectively.

please lemme know little if i m wrong somewhere.

sach..

11. aPocH

aPocH New Member

aPoch

hi all,

I have been learning to play guitar for the last 1 month, and just started with chords. Can any one help me, as to what chords should i start with. And also can anyone help me on how to improve transition btwn diffrent chords. :think:

:rockon:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen. Do not have an opinion while you listen because frankly, your opinion doesn’t hold much water outside of Your Universe. Just listen. Listen until their brain has been twisted like a dripping towel and what they have to say is all over the floor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. SHARU129

SHARU129 New Member

esgallindeion i have leant a few chords mainly the a b c d e g chords major n minors but do not know these tabs and have difficulty in shiftin chords can u help

13. xulfi

xulfi New Member

plz someone tell me how to read chords or tabs on the guitar scale plz let me know im playing guitar for 4 yrs i m not taking any classes but i can play rythm guitar pretty good but i cant play solos or any lead part of a song plz help me understanding the tabs or chords plz anyone especially u man "esgallindeion" ur great man ur helping each and every newbie here Allah may bless u for this deed.

14. anidude

anidude New Member

actually i dont want any tips, its just tht i found a guitar in my uncles garage, but its bridge(the thing on the face of the guitar where strings are attched, if i m right) is broken, is it possible to fix it, and even if it gets fixed will it work properly the way it should ?? i was suggested to go to some Peter.Perriera shop in thane.. is there any shop in mulund by any chance ? (i stay in mumbai,suburbs).. plz help..

15. namesake

namesake New Member

great post

16. chill_jd

chill_jd New Member

hey even i am jus a beginner...i go to the classes but they are jus once a week jus on saturdays...nice guitarist. but jus once a week is not enough for me so i always keep referring net and have learned diff chords and strumming pattern but still i cant play any songs on the chords god knows why..i can play the melodies and set them my own way but i wanna play damn chords..still its jus 2 months i hv picked up the guitar and i am expecting lots from me!!i have all the material of learning it but need a lots of practise.i cant play barre chords so its very frustrating can somebody help me on that.i hv heard that thers lots of pros here to help the newbies like me so pls help guys!!

17. Gaurav Bhatia

Gaurav Bhatia New Member

hi there
    In ur post i read something abt chandigarh........hey buddy i am also learning guitar from this very place and i am living and working here too:) ....
    I wanna tell ya that....the tutor from which i am learning from...is too good....i have been learning from past 1 and a half month and he started teaching me from holding guitar,plectrum and then gave me few fingers excercices for both hands co ordination and then he started teachning me chords C,Ddim,E,F,G,Am,Bdim and told me how these chords are made...means by adding 1+3+5 th scale......
    and told me few more chords.He also told me the differece between major and minor....that what exactly do they mean??
    till now what i am able to do is ......playing all the chords clearly and able to shift C to D then to F and so on but not in exact rythem........
    and also i am able to create my own rythem (on one chord only) through vamps and with combination of mute sounds also.....
    I just wanna know ami going right...i mean am i icking it good or taking a lot of time playing and shifting chords??
    i practice atleast 1 hr daily and 2-3 hrs on sundays....
    will wait for ur reply:)

gaurav

18. Gaurav Bhatia

Gaurav Bhatia New Member

hi there

hi there
    In ur post i read something abt chandigarh........hey buddy i am also learning guitar from this very place and i am living and working here too:) ....
    I wanna tell ya that....the tutor from which i am learning from...is too good....i have been learning from past 1 and a half month and he started teaching me from holding guitar,plectrum and then gave me few fingers excercices for both hands co ordination and then he started teachning me chords C,Ddim,E,F,G,Am,Bdim and told me how these chords are made...means by adding 1+3+5 th scale......
    and told me few more chords.He also told me the differece between major and minor....that what exactly do they mean??
    till now what i am able to do is ......playing all the chords clearly and able to shift C to D then to F and so on but not in exact rythem........
    and also i am able to create my own rythem (on one chord only) through vamps and with combination of mute sounds also.....
    I just wanna know ami going right...i mean am i icking it good or taking a lot of time playing and shifting chords??
    i practice atleast 1 hr daily and 2-3 hrs on sundays....
    will wait for ur reply:)

gaurav

19. navpreet

navpreet New Member

Heyy

hi ...

im from chandigarh and desperately lookin for a good guitar tutor.. can u help?

20. amadeus77

amadeus77 New Member

hey ppl from the city beautiful. i started learing a week ago. have a friend whose been learning from the same guy for a year.. and he's now a cool bass guitarist with my col rock band. btw.. i saw a lotta curious ppl.. the guy im learnin from is Nirdosh Sobti (Nick). he's in sec42... attawa. go straight from attawa rotary towards the 42-36 road... it'll come abt 100 metres to ur left. ask for a shop 'indo musica'. nick's place is just beside that.
    happy strumming ;)
    amadeus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.