For all whisky drinkers

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, May 13, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Single malt whisky 'can protect you from cancer'

Single malt whisky can beat the threat of cancer, thanks to high levels of a powerful antioxidant that kills cancer cells, a medical conference in Scotland was told.

Jim Swan, an independent consultant to the global drinks industry, said that, according to research, single malt whisky contains "more ellagic acid than red wine". Swan, a doctor, told the EuroMedLab 2005 conference explained that ellagic acid is an effective "free radical scavenger" that "absorbs" or "eats up" rogue cells that occur in the body during eating.

"The free radicals can break down the DNA structure of our existing cells, which then leads to the risk of the body making replacement rogue cancer cells," he said.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/050508/323/fibw4.html

Bob news for you :p:

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

thanks for the info dude ,..

a peg a day , keeps cancer away :p:

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so does a leg (you know .. chicken) a day/night ;)

4. Menon

Menon New Member

Whiskey is derived from Oechsle..Irish for water of life..also in Frnech knwn as Eau de Vie..the best drink the world..Whiskey agogo..the Irish and Americans spell it with an e and the English and Canadian without..
    Jus some trivia..
    Cheerio
    Menon..
    PS:I'm a strict whiskey and water drinker..ne1 else?

5. bob-bobby

me too , water is juss fine ...

regular is red label , black and chivas on occasions ...

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i have chivas-ed too - flicked from maternal uncle - oh the sense of adventure of it all !!

you know, finding a bottle in which it'd be possible to filter out a bit of it - settling on a empty bottle of Jovan Musk ultimately.

after much washing and rinsing, me and my cousin bro, with one of us on watch, took the huge (with handle) bottle to a sort of "store room" in the house - and transferred it, cap/cover by cap.

then made an excuse for going out.. like a evening stroll - then bought a maha pepsi (pre "pet" bottle days), and drank half of it.

in the space created in the pepsi bottle, we poured the chivas regal, in a dark alley.

and then i went for the first sip - on a crowded main road - and drank the stuff neat basically - cos it was just floating on the pepsi, us not having rolled the pepsi bottle !!

that the neat whisky was laced with a lot of spirit from the jovan musk perfume only made the taste more acerbic and before i knew it, my legs were heavy and head spinning and each car had 5 headlights.

my cousin, wise about the ways of "spirit spiked whiskey suspended over pepsi" - shook and rolled the bottle, b4 drinking and hadn't any problems at all.

meanwhile 5 headlighted cars continued to head straight for this guy with elephant feet !!

tejasi likes this.
  7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Jammy :p: u crackin me up man........2nd time in a row :RollLol:

8. Menon

Menon New Member

Hahaha...
    That's crazy ..Jammy..psycho!!And well put man..
    I drink Chivas and Famous Grouse when I'm home..I like to be here while I can..
    Sorry..Yeah otherwise it's Director's Special Black for me..Or Blender's Pride which is a pretty excellent whiskey..recommended!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

9. bob-bobby

blender's pride is smooth , i normally have it whenever i am in india , seems like a good blend , thanks for reminding me menon ...

anyones tried jack daniels , its american !!!

10. Menon

Menon New Member

Of Course We've tried Jack Daniel's..
    It's some of the best Kentucky Straight you'll ever have..btw..that's what Al Pacino always drinks..I mean..even in his movies..n things..
    There's this mind-blowing Single Malt called Glenlivet..it is the best whisky I've ever ever tasted man...you should try some Irish Whiskies..
    Cheerio
    Menon