for all to see and wonder

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by deathdr_87, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

why do mods keep closing these threads - i mean most of them are rather entertaining - i know that you cant insult blah..blah...

ut come on mods - give us a break - some of these threads are really funny to watch...

i lvoed my thread in the guitar gear forum - water or tissue paper? - every1 enjoyed it - you'll should relax once in a while...

others who agree/disagree - plesase voice urselves here....

(i know this isnt going to change nething)

also im keeping my faith in the mods so they dont straight delte this thread - as it criticises it - i know youll wont! :p:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:sigh: As we keep continually shouting out, this site runs on limited resources. And the Chitchat lounge was introduced to break the monotony of posting guitar tabs and continuos discussions regarding the guitar. However, nonsenical threads cannot be tolerated at all, we close a thread usually when:-
    1)It serves absolutely no purpose at all
    2)It gets too controversial
    3)Spam! I wonder why you guys love it so much
    Please cooperate with us. We have a responsibility to the website and we're trying to fulfil it. But if you go on "voicing your opinions" we have this to say, we are granted authority by the admin to do what we are doing and we have better things to do than keep babysitting purposeless threads. Please do understand.
    @death_dr87, having said everything bro, i respect for you the person you are, but please dont start controversial threads like this. It just gives the spammers a chance to do what they do best.

3. __DiStUrBeD__

__DiStUrBeD__ _(¯`·._ÇrãÇKhËäD_.·´¯)_

Why voice...when u urself r saying that its not gonna change anything...he he.

@di_stu_rbe_d
    Thread served its purpose...close..
    j/k

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

There is a limit to how much nonsense we will tolerate on IGT. We cannot let the abusive/useless threads be just because someone finds it amusing. Like disturbed said we devote allot of time to keep IGT running smoothly, we can do without the stupid threads which eventually lead to fighting or being spammed.

There are lot of things that require our attention on a daily basis like providing support to members, moderating threads/posts, looking into technical aspects etc and on top of all this we have threads like these asking us why we don't allow idiotic threads on IGT?

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

hey lord!!

LTNS !!!

now you can close the thread :)

6. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

y do ppl spam ? :think:
    beats me *sigh*
    :grin: :p:

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

dont tell me you figured out the meaning of LTNS :)

ps : pls help me with "black metal heads" thread.

8. Subhro

LTNS = Long Time No See :p:

GTHJ :p:

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ohhhhhhh! then why dont you close offt the funy interpretations thread too?!!

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

this has been said before
    this is a site run by the mods and admin at the expense of ther own time.......and money....neo takes pain to run this beacause..its his passion.......CC was meant to be a diversion....the purpose of this site was gutiar..not TP........so i belive the mods have the discretion of deletin or closing threads which take up precious band width.......and they dont have to put up with any tantrums.......
    no offence meant towards anyone......
    i hope i didnt overshoot......
    soorry if am stepping over anybody.....
    :sorry:

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

GTHJ = ???

Go Take a Hand Job ???????????????????

12. Subhro

GTHJ = Go To Hell Jamhead :RollLol:
    gotcha :grin:

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

TBTB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Subhro

Too Busy To Blog ?? :p:

BMA :p:

15. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

Thats Below The Belt :p

BMA = Big Mad Aboriginal?

TMBY !!!

16. tejas

tejas ..........

^^That is exactly what we're talking about. Spam. I'm gonna give you two one which you should be familiar with. STFU.

Closing threads is not a fancy to us. We only do it, if there is need for it. Much like what Sharath and The Lord said, there is a limit to everything, if a thread serves no purpose or has SPAM written all over it, we close it. Its as simple as that.

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

tmby = that must be you.

now close it fast b4 he replies haahahhaa

btw this one is serving a porpose tho, not unlike the purpose the ''official pj thread" served - funny.

18. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

You know you guys shouldnt push your luck by spamming in this thread aswell, i would have banned you monkeys if i didnt know you so well.

Jamhead, Subhro....pls dont go overboard i know its fun but its also a nuisance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.