For All FireFox users...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by apurbajd, Oct 23, 2005.

1. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Hi guyz, just wanted to tell you all, today I finished developing a search engine plugin for FireFox. This plugin is for "www.khoj.com". Pls download and tell me how you find it. I have tested it in FireFox 1.5 beta 2 , but it should work fine with any other version. Here is the link ....
    https://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?submitform=Find&category=27 . Go to this page and make a search for "Sify Khoj", it will be easier as the download list is quite huge.Just click on the link , and say yes to the message and it will be installed instantly.No need to download anything and all.After installation you will be able to search khoj directly from the search sidebar(i.e, the sidebar on the upper right corner of FireFox) Expecting some feedback about this from u all FireFox users and also from zoom. Thanx

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Your search - Sify Khoj - did not match any documents.

dude just upload your plugin on meagupload or rapidshare ...
    we can do the beta testing after dloading from there :)

3. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Sify Khoj???

Are you working for Sify or Khoj sites??

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

4. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i shall have a look when my computer is better.... damn beeping!... hopefully having an egineer over 2morrow.... shall have a look....

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I don't have firefox.. Can't I use it for IE 7 beta 1?? Or OPERA??:think:

nIK!!:nw:

6. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

No zoom. In fact at first I tried to make the plugin for IGT, but IGT uses php pages and for that I would have to us the 'post' method of search which is not currently supported by firefox search plugin functions. Same with rediff, Indiatimes etc.(asp, php all which uses the post method). So I ended up making it for Khoj. ( khoj also uses the post method, but only when you select the options search the web with enhanced google). ...

7. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

I cant dude. its because Mozilla website provide the installer which is an integrated javascript attached to the installable plugin. If I upload it in any other link the installer wont work. Pls try downloading it again 4m the same link, just try single string search, like search for only Kohj or Sify, you will get it dude ...

No Nik,,, its a firefox only plugin. I am right now programming another stuff (wont tell now what is it) which i will make for both FireFox and IE.... .

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

IT works :)

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

No dude .. IE doesnt have that feature ...
    Anyway nice work dude ...