FOOTBALL this season....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by JAZZ, Mar 8, 2005.

?

which is the top team in these...?

1. Real madrid

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Barcelona

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. valencia

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Arsenal

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  5. manchaster united

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Chalsea

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. Bayen Munich

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Inter milan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Juventus

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Porto

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. ^^ we shall c on the 9th april which team kick which lolz

@jamhead eng n holland have v good players byt it seems they can t play together in same team !!!!!!!!!

just watch how beautifully brazil plays n also czech thats what we call as team work.........
    well was planning to b in sAfrica for world cup 2010 but dont think willb there :mad:

anyway still have my tv lolz

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah i am with you there... on the 9th we shall see if the teutonics manage to carry on with their age old habit of kicking pom azzes.... lmao.. like they did so many times in the past.... both on and off the football field... hehe

and yes, the czech team is one to watch out for.... if they play anything like they did in the euro last time, then they could go a very long way and upset quite a few applecarts.. too bad poborsky wont be there though.

england has a good team? you rank them along with holland? the poms are no where as good.. its just that their media thinks no end of their players and project them as somethng special... the way in cricket a most mediocre bowler like phil tufnell was branded a match wnner and a certain super flop called grame hick was considered to be destined to become one of the all time greats... all 'cos he'd scored a few runs in the county matches. why, even rooney was dubbed as a pele (nothing less) even before he made his debut!!! the dutch are better than the poms, man for man.....rafael van der vaart, arjen robben, bouma, roy mckaay, marc overmars, ruud van nistelrooy, hoidonk, rieseger, phillip cocu, japp stam, frank de boer, shneider, patrick kluivert, clarence seedorf and van der saar at goal..... man, they can field two good teams from the pool of talent they have... almost everyone plays in some or the other top team. sadly holland manages to prove time and again that they are bad at chemistry... only time they played as a team was way back in '74 and '78.

brazil may also do well... but i wouldnt like football to become a monopolistic game like cricket has been rendered by the aussies....

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yeah..its kinda sad to see holland under-achieving bcoz of lack of teamwork...
    They have been producing outstanding world-class talents consistently for a few decades now..but sumhow manage to fail as a team....
    England is nowhere near Holland in terms of class.....the famous football reporter Glanville also wrote about how a succession of English managers have been guilty of not making the best use of the available players...eg..ericsson doesnt use Cole or even SW Phillips that much.....Glanville mentioned many such instances over the years..i dont remember all that..but u get the gist...

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah i get the drift...brian glanville also maintained, most unlike the rest of the partisan pommie press, that only owen, beckham and gerard were world class in the present team...

as for holland what they need is another rinus michaels. plus their home league isnt all the strong with only psv eindoven, feynoord, and ajax amsterdam (only team to be named after a roman god, Ajax) amongst the top european teams. so what happens is that almost all their players play their club football in some other country (barca alone has some 6 dutch internationals), and join the practice sessions of the national team only days before international matches.... contrast that with the italians or poms, where almost the entre national team plays at home.

5. @consider the italian national team also not g8 achievement by new generation despite so many pros

i think the manager also plays an impt role

AN SPEAKING OF MANAGER TO ALL REAL MADRID N LIVERPOOL FANS

HEAR THIS NEWS
    I WATCHED IT ON TELEFOOT

REAL MADRID R NOW LOOKING FOR A NEW MANAGER AS THEY R LOOSING THEIR TITLE OF GALACTICOS
    N WHO'S THEIR TARGET?????????

ALEZ FERGUSON?/ NO
    ARSENE WENGER?? NO
    MOUHINIO?? NO

BUT ITS RAFAEL BENITEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT THINK HE WILL LEAVE LIVERPOOL THOUGH THIS NEWS STILL TO B CONFIRMED BY LIVERPOOL

IT WAS ON TV LAST MONDAY!

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

How I yearn to see the Real of the old..they would let in 2 goals but score 4(often spectacular ones) themselves..:)
    I feel that there has been a decline in the general standard of football in all leagues over the last 2 years....the kind of matches that happened in 2001 are just not happening now...

7. ^^ yeah esp u guys remember those real madrid vs man united encounters those r g8 matches

hmmmmmmm real ka jaadu chala gaya ??????????

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

real madrid has lost its standard by putting all the Greatest players.....who play their own indivisual game rather than Teamwork
    but Now Chalsea is going very well....these days

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

some of Real's players have nothing much of current form and play on, purely on reputation. figo for one is not the european player of the year he used to be. raul too is unpredictable. their defence isnt the same now that fernando hierro is no longer in the squad. last year they lent Morientes to monaco/porto (i dont remember which one of the two) and hurt themselves badly in doing so, cos morientes scored against real madrid and helped to knock them out of the uefa cup. this year they have struggled rght from the beginning of the league to get their act together, and have let barca steal the show completely in the la liga.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup..all the Real stars are fading fast...Ronaldo,Zidane, Figo and Raul are nowhere near wat they used be...and lets not kid ourselves that Real had any sort of defensive solidity ever..Hierro was no good either..they had good holding mid in Makelele..but he was sold....they always depended on their ability to score..now that the goals aint coming but they are still conceding their usual quota of goals..u see typical scorelines of 0-1 or 0-2..which earlier used to be 2-1 or 4-2...

11. ^^ who knows chelsea may turn into such a dull side in a few years :mad:

12. Taifi

Taifi New Member

real madrid arnt the team they were b4.i mean cmon they won against malaga 1-0. the scorline shd have been 4-0 or 5-0.

13. Djibril Cisse admits playing for the Reds before the end of the season represents little more than "a dream" - but says he'll be back banging in the goals again for Liverpool next year.
    Cisse is now well on the way to full fitness after recovering from a double broken leg at Blackburn last October and is back in light training with his team-mates at Melwood.

His rehabilitation has progressed much faster than antipated, giving him a remote hope of wearing the red shirt again before the final ball of the season has been kicked.

But he insists his main focus now is ensuring he comes flying out of the blocks when the new campaign gets underway in August.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I don't think I'll play again this season really. It's too close to call. I'll probably be fit again just when the season has finished. Maybe for the Champions League final? That's a dream.

"I haven't spoken with the manager about the possibility of playing this season because it's important he concentrates on the players he has available now because we have so many big games coming up. I am really focusing on next season anyway.

"I'm looking forward to it so much. I really want to show the club and the fans what I can do. I'm so determined to do well for them. I just can't wait for pre-season now so I can come back and start again. I want it to be a big season for me and the team.

"Before the injury I felt I was getting used to English football and was starting to play well. I was understanding more how my team-mates work together and I think my form was getting better. But then the injury came along and I was forced to take a break. It was a bad injury but at least I'm still alive. All I did was injure a leg.

"I am happy to be training again. I can run, touch the ball and start shooting again. I am very, very happy with the way things are going for me because I am ahead of schedule. I am recovering much faster than I ever thought I would and faster than the doctor thought I would as well.

"As far as I am concerned the injury is gone now, it's finished. The pain has gone completely and I don't have any problems with my leg anymore. I just love being able to kick a ball again."

Cisse's season was brought to a premature end when he fell awkwardly at Ewood Park in October as Liverpool fought out a 2-2 draw with Blackburn Rovers.

Such was the severity of the injury, some suggested it could even spell the end of Cisse's days as a footballer. But thanks to his own determination and the help and support from his work colleagues at Melwood, he is now closing in on a return to competitive action.

"It's been a very hard period because I've had a bad injury and haven't been able to play," he said. "It's difficult to watch my friends in action when I want to be out there helping them. I now need to concentrate on training well and getting back to my level.

"When the doctor told me my season was finished I was very upset. It took a while to get over but then I took the attitude of 'that's life'. I just needed to come to terms with it and be patient.

"I was good at being patient though because I had a lot of things I could do and I was still able to see my team-mates and my friends at the training ground. I was still a part of the team and a part of the squad of players. I could still be part of things and that was important for me. It would have been worse if I wasn't around the place.

"Every day the lads have been asking me how I feel and if I think I can be back playing soon or not. They have really helped me and I know they care a lot about me. That means everything.

"The medical team have also been fantastic. For the first three months after the injury I was with them all the time and they were a great help. They kept me going."

Cisse's injury is just one of a series of setbacks to confront Rafa Benitez during his first season at Anfield - but the French ace is adamant a fully fit squad next year will enable the club to make a stronger challenge for the title.

"It's going to be an important season because I think we have to be stronger in the league. We have a lot of potential in the team and agood spirit amongst us. I think we can go a lot closer to winning the title next season. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

"I don't want to set any targets on a personal level. All I can do is repeat myself and say I will do everything I can to pay the club and the fans back for the way they have stuck by me and helped me this year."

from www.liverpoolfc.tv

14. n now mohinnio charged by FA of having a private meeting with asley cole!!!

15. shak

shak Harrr!

england vs ireland ...
    your predictions for today?
    i say england 2-1 ireland

16. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i DKDC about matches between these two ...... on seconds thots i'd like the irish to win

17. ok my predictions for todays match u r right sharukh a 2-1 win for eng
    for france its gonna b another draw

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

wut do u say abt Eng vs Germany ...(i dont knnow the results)

19. shak

shak Harrr!

well ...all of our predictions were wrong.... england beat ireland 5-0 .... phew that was something .... however i must say it could have been 6-0 or even 7-0 ( the first oppurtunity missed by owen .. in first 15 minutes ... then lampard then rooney then terry ....etc)
    @jazz: eng vs germany? ... when is that due? ... is this the next fixture?

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

england vs germany was held but it was juniors. it was draw. germany scored in last minutes to make 2-2.

owen is not was he was before. i think lampard and rooney are the players. i heard beckham is gonna leave madrid.