FLoyd Vs. Korn

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns n roses, Feb 3, 2005.

?

Which "Another Brick In The Wall" version do you like?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2005.
  1. Pink Floyd

72.7%
  2. Korn

27.3%
  1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Which version of "Another Brick In The Wall" do you like? There was a big dispute :ar: here in Sacramento (city i live in) on the radio whick version was better, the radio host was arguing against another person adn he liked the Korn version and she requested the Pink Floyd version but he played the Korn version nyways. lol.

Personally i like the Korn Version, Floyd puts you to a snooz. :yawn:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Pink Floyd.........

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

Korn Of Course. jonathan davis is a genius. roger walters is a psycho. pink floyd is an irritating band.. i was traumatized by them for 4 years in engineering school.. every ****** in hostel used to play them and i hated them. So i am voting for korn even though i havent heard their rendition

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

ok i just bought the song on itunes
    its 100 times better than pink floyd and the lead is 1000 times better. even i can play it. thats the way leads should be.

5. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Floyd, without a doubt.
    The korn version sounds like the tape has seen better days, or its just the floyd version played in one of those "NAIWA" or "NAOKIYA" tape players you find on the roadsides in India.

6. aleric

aleric New Member

Floyd definitely......

7. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

i hate the fact Korn is going to cover Morbid Angel's God Of Emptiness

8. shak

shak Harrr!

floyd all the way................

9. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

If it is about technology coming into play, maybe the korny version is better.
    But think of it, 1979!!!
    Noone imagined that a song like this could be made.
    The pop charts, the rock charts, the psychedelic charts all loved it!!!
    Recreating someone's song, using new technology is what even a DJ AQEEL can do.

10. tejas

tejas ..........

I dont like the Korn version. I think they made a mess of it.

11. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I don't like floyd....havn't heard Korn version....
    @ Jay ....ditto man...every damn guitarist in the hostel used to play floyd....wish u were here and stuff....but i think floyd's just weird mumbo jumbo...:(

12. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

looks like the ppl who like the Korn(y) version like it more cos they hate floyd than cos they like Korn
    And pls, lets not get started on why they hate floyd.....

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ananth..i think u hit the nail on the head..people find it difficult to appreciate floyd.
    Floyd all the way..cant stand nu metal bands!
    @jay-y do u call waters a psycho?...personally i think hes a genius, his lyrics are too good(time,breathe,high hopes) and floyds music is just too cool...but each to his own.

14. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I think waters was ok, but not too fond of him. Kind of like Dijkstra (since I'm in CS), hes a genius but an egomaniac
    btw high hopes was not by waters I think.. its in the division bell

15. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

FLoyd puts u to a snooz. IF you havent heard the Korn version, i suggest you hear it IMMEDIATELY. Pink Floyd sucks, there songs are full of Sh*t, they use tech too.

16. aleric

aleric New Member

High Hopes is by Gilmour.

Nevertheless Waters was a genius.

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^dude he is still alive

or do u mean he was a genius but he no longer is?

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ohh..sorry...ananth u r right,that was after he left the band.
    @GnR-well if distortion and loudness is what keeps u up then ull find floyd boring.Their music isnt for headbanging,its mellow.Have you ever listened to something like Beethoven or Bach? Im sure u wudnt have liked it. I aint comparing floyd to beethoven or bach but the purpose of floyds music is similar to beethoven, to be relaxing and mellow. Not one which makes u run amok and bang your head till your brains get scrambled.
    Yes they use tech but then so what...even slash must be using a pedal! You've got to listen to the subtleties in their music, the album concept(one song taking over from the previous one)etc.
    Id suggest if u wanna listen to floyd then to go through it an album at a time(start with Dark Side or Wish You Were Here)..dont look for heavy distortion or superfast playing cuz u wont find it. But what you will find is excellent music, guitaring with feel and deep,beautiful lyrics.

PS: If you didnt make out by now, Floyd's my current favourite :)

Breathe, breathe in the air
    Don't be afraid to care
    Leave, but don't leave me
    Look around
    Choose your own ground

Long you live and high you fly
    And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
    And all you touch and all you see
    Is all your life will ever be

19. aleric

aleric New Member

Jay, I don't know why I wrote "WAS".

Maybe because of the fact that I didn't like his solo career.

But I must say that he has written some of the best songs during his Floyd days............

20. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

all nu metal bands suck! pink floyd rule man!