Floyd rose electric guitar problem

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mhsh_aditya, Jan 2, 2007.

1. mhsh_aditya

mhsh_aditya New Member

hello guys my name is mahesh and im new to this thing and lets get to the point
    i have a floyd rose electric guitar and i always have a feeling that the 1 string is raised or you can say that there is too much action, i showed my guitar to the guy who made it but he said that you must change all your guitar strings. but my guitar teacher is telling that there is a step to lower the strings or reduce the action so of you guys have any ideas pleeeeez give me the full procedure
    thanx

2. shak

shak Harrr!

try intonation screws .. they might drop the strings 1-2 mm ...

raise the whole unit if you are desperate .... haha

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Ask your guitar teacher to do it for you na ?

Oh and where did u get it "MADE"

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

There are only 2 screws on either side to lower the action. Turn them clockwise.

5. mhsh_aditya

mhsh_aditya New Member

thanx

thanx man
    thanx a lot

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

wonder which Bas1ard made that guitar .. And what a con man he should be to suggest that ... than to turn around the allan screws ...

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I do suggest asking your guitar teacher to do it for you.. and watch how he does it.. Floyds are great but can be a big pain in the begning to set up.. So learn how to set it up... :)

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

@jocelyn: Only a few FR licensed bridges have individual string action adjustments. That is more common on a strat style bridge. I skimmed through your document and didn't really find much on adjusting individual string action. Maybe you can point out the relevant lines? I'd like to know if it is actually possible on an FR.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I will try and find something... I know it can be done even on the original Floyds.. though it is difficult and time consuming..
    By the way who built your guitar.. It is his responsiblity to set up your guitar. If he claims the issue wil be solved by changing strings ( which is a stupid reason to give) Give it to him to change the strings..

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

This would be interesting and helpful to know. My JEM guitar gives a small buzz at 1st fret of 6th string . It has considerable low-action and i tried to adjust it and make it a bit high-action so that that buzz goes off but in vain. I heard there is always a buzzing issue with low-action guitars. How true is that?

12. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

^i use low actions and my guitar buzzes a lil at the 1st n 2nd frets when the weather changes..goes away on ignoring...lol.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaha, true.

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

This is one of th reasons I dont Like Floyds...A big PAin to set up..