Floyd guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sridhar11_2, Jan 16, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Ok i really want help. I need to know of a good floyd equipped guitar within say 20k. As a hint i play a LOT of blues and i need a guitar having a lot of tonal varition (coil splits would help) and a great neck (if anyone's played a Jack&Danny bros. strat i want something of this kind of neck). And could anybody tell me where to get my guitar painted.

My dream guitar would be this (hope this helps)
    https://www.sovereignguitars.co.uk/pages/sv1standard/sv1standard_tblue.htm#

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

$450...hmm..how about a Tulasi with some great replacement pickups and a real Floyd Rose??
    I dont think you can get that kinda pus and FR stock on any $450 guitar...
    Sorry, dunno much more:eek::

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

i dont know bout the neck....but in delhi u can get an IBANEZ RG370DX for 20k at ON STAGE....

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Sridhar. Get yourself a Washburn N2. I have played this guitar several times and I like this. It has wood finish, 22 Frets and Licensed Double Locking Floyd Rose. Just perfect for what you require. Doesn't have a coil split option though.

5. sridhar11_2

I was thinking about the N2 but what do you think of the Slammer CT21 by Hamer - its cheaper + it has coil splits

I also saw a Gb&a Floyd a long time ago with the bannana shape headstock and when i asked the price i was told it would cost 13k.

6. sridhar11_2

And how bout the Kramer striker is it good. And was the striker ever made in america (even the old ones)

7. ronnieanand

Old Kramers were only USA made to my knowledge. Anyway Kramer is okay too. But Sridhar for you my friend I'd suggest, go in for Tulasi Guitar and get PAF Pros for both Bridge and Necks. I am sure you wont regret this. And dont go for more than 22 Frets.

8. sridhar11_2

I guess that's the best way to go but i dont think i'll be able to go to madras and stay there for a while to receive. Does Tulsi Ship guitars. If he does i guess i'd go for it.

9. ronnieanand

He can ship it to Bangalore. But you can order it by calling him up and sending him an advance money. Once he is done, you can go in the morning collect the guitar and return the same day. My friend did it. He can ship it too. Or play my guitar and you will understand the Tulasi + DiMarzio + Rondall combo. The informidable threesome :beer: .

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

He ships.
    He makes hard cases too.

11. sridhar11_2

Ok i guess i'll have to play the Rondall combo with a tulsi guitar and prepare myself to get floored. BTW sorry i could'nt come saturday

12. ronnieanand

If a Fat and Warm tone is your buzz word, then you might get floored. If you are looking at Dimebag Darrel's tone, you'd be wondering what the hell went wrong.
    I dont get Satch's tone. He doesn't get mine too :aggre: :p: .

13. sridhar11_2

My fav tone has to be SRV tone so i guess i will be floored by fat warm but i also need a little crunch. I dont really aim at dimebag's.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dimebag's tone :nw:

Can cut you into half. Sharper than a samurai sword.

15. ronnieanand

I will play Panter to you at loud volume and take a Samurai Sword and cut you. Let's see which is sharper :aggre: :aggre: :aggre:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Samurai Sword anytime

ROTFL