Flash Help

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i am using flash and i need to ask some questions....

wen u have made a moving flash how do u make it so that it doesnt repeat again and again?.... so it just stops after 1 time.... and when u have a progress bar how do u make it so that it ACTUALLY progresses?

2. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

if you dont want to repeat the movie again and again:
    1. Select the last keyframe, on time line tab
    2. click on "Actions-Frame" tab
    3. write-> stop(); in the space provided to write actionscript.
    4. save and run again.

i couldn't understand your second question. what you want exactly ?

3. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

thanks and the second question well u know there is a right hand side bar where u can sellect buttons and things...... well u can select a progress bar.... i did that but i dont know how to make it move and progress

4. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

oh i get you ....
    well, progress bar is just a generic component, you need to write a script to make it work. I dont know where exactly you are using it. Say for example you are doing "something" and you want to use that progress bar to show the progress of , how much that "something" is done .... you need to associate that progress bar with "Something".
    well its hard for me to explain like this.... just tell me where and why you need to use it, i'll give you script.

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well i need at the beginning of my pages of my site.... to show load....just abit of an add on:)

6. nadish

nadish Active Member

ya, I requires some action scripting, and I dont know abt ur movie's name, scene name and there are lots of other things to know when u r make a progress bar in flash...

7. nadish

nadish Active Member

8. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

which flash animation tool r u using if u can tell that maybe i can help!!!

9. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i using flash mx but i think im not going to use the progress bar... ill stick to the basics:)

10. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i need advice.... is it good to make flash buttons for a site.... cauz like i have norton and every time i load my website with flash buttons it comes up to allow the blocked content...... so is it good to use flash buttons?

11. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

they definelty make ur flash beautiful, if u wish u can chk out the flash that i created. they r in the thread "low-fi flash animation for IGT" in the Chit-Chat Lounge.