first timers help... as always

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by eightytwo, Jun 30, 2010.

1. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

ok...

I've been lusting an electric guitar and absolutely lost when it comes to deciding which one to buy... surprisingly, I found it easier to decide on the amp... Roland CUBE 15x (https://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=820&ParentId=416).

Now, my total budget is 15k..( give or take 10%) the amp comes to about 5k.... I want to pickup a decent guitar for 10k... I've got mixed advice from many of my guitarist friends... some say, get a Givson and keep changing the parts as I keep moving along, some say get a decent piece for 7 or 8k... I prefer the second option... but I can't decide on which one... I was thinking of getting a Squier... but what are the other options I should consider? I've been told HMI, Ibanez (which I don't believe will come within my budget) and the sorts... I'm confused... I'm an amateur, if you must know...

Thanks and all that :)

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

yamaha pacifica 012.. period

3. flood

flood New Member

your friends are WRONG.

you can't polish a turd. be it guitar, photography or anything else for that matter, the most stupid thing you can do is put expensive embellishments on a piece-of-shite foundation in the hope that you'd get something of a higher quality at the end of the day.

you can put lundgrens in it or bareknuckles, a givson will remain a givson.

4. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

rickkyrich suggestion: pacifica 012
    cort x-1, x-2 (both are same except d body)
    cort z-42: 11k

5. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

ok... thanks, guys... 012 seems to top the list for now...

flood, what do you suggest? You've been vocal about buying a good piece but didn't say which one... :)

6. flood

flood New Member

in your budget the pac is probably the best option. my experiences with squiers and GRGs have left a rather bitter aftertaste. check out the corts too though, they do a lot of OEM production for other brands. i have no experience with corts except the curbow bass, which i liked. i would rather avoid cort for ethical reasons.

7. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

thanks... will keep that in mind...

8. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Explanation?

9. flood

flood New Member

i don't like big corporates who treat their labour like complete shit, to the point of firing them as and when the stock prices say they should without intimation or compensation. i'm an employer and believe that without ethics and a strong human angle, all your shares are worth less than the crap you should be using them to wipe your behind with to save paper. i hope monsanto goes broke and their board hang themselves.

a one-off incident is forgivable, the fact that cort has been doing this for 12 years (and possibly more) whhile reaping ridiculous profits is obscene though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cort_Guitars#Controversy

https://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2009/12/cort-guitar-factory-workers-protest.html

(OT: the funky looking bass in the background at 0:10 in the video is the one i played... ironically at the musikmesse last year where the video was taken. flood trivia.)

https://cortaction.wordpress.com/

here's a propaganda video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LpB1E4EE7k

so i don't think i will ever end up buying that curbow after all.

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ohh.. thats sad.. i dint knew that..

11. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Usual corporate bullshit... Business as usual I'd say. Profits over people is the basic rule of all corporations.

Boycott is the way to go, true. But every single corporate does this shit... Asian Sweatshops and slave labour, what else.

12. kgowrav

kgowrav New Member

go for ibanez grg150

go for an ibanez grg150 even though it is priced at 11500 it stills sounds way better than any givson and it is still in your price range and better go for marshall mg10cd it costs around 3900 i guess and it is ok for practice

13. distorted

distorted satan

Marshall cd10 is something i wont suggest.
    Roland15 is fine considering yr budget.
    N try out HMI guitars, hv heard good reviews fr them. pacifica is good. But try out evrythin yrself b4 u buy, better u take somebody who has got some experience with guitars.

14. metalmonke

metalmonke New Member

roland and pacifica!

15. sumit993192289

sumit993192289 New Member

hey guys can plzz give me all info of ibanez220dex????????
    i mean pros &cons

16. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@This jackass above -
    ^I was thinking of upgrading my RG7s pickups to BKP Cold Sweat/BKP Mule/Q-Tuner on the neck and BKP Warpig/Lundgren M7 on the bridge, but now I think I'll let all that rest and do all that plus saddle piezos to an Agile Intrepid Pro Dual/Schecter Blackjack ATX 8 (whatever IS available in an 8 string version, that is). >.>