first look at my new Custom guitar :)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Sep 11, 2012.

1. soumyaranjan

soumyaranjan New Member

Guitars like everything else is quite expensive in europe, for guitars it is as expensive over there as it is here because of the huge IVA that you pay (the value added tax), it being even more in the north european countries, also a pain in the ass is the price to get it transported to india, you need to buy a hard case (100 euros) to put it as check in luggage, and lufthansa was asking something like 70 euro for one way carriage. I donot know which part you are visiting, but if in the west (spain, portugal) then do check out the local made classical guitars, they are damn cheap and worth a notice. I should have brought my fender back when i returned, but it paid well for my trip to rome with my friends there, just before returning home .. hehehehe.

2. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

Try a pickguard like the Cort Vx 2x's.
    And try painting it, it looks like washed goat meat.

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Lol.. :p

Yeah will surely check that guard... Hahaha

4. guitarplayer729

That pickguard will look good with your pot positions.
    And add chrome hardware, it will look good.

5. henrynh

henrynh New Member

That came out nice. The body shape is very custom/unique & the headstock reminds me of an acoustic. :beer:
    The black guard thing looks strange where the knobs & switch is at, what is it? and what's the scale length of this guitar?

6. mymusicmyguitar

Scale length is 25-1/2". Trust me i wouldnt have sold my American Fender if this guitar would have come out bad..Its got a great smooth feel and probably one of the best feel of the neck i have played after Fenders...

Looks are a bit odd...Today i got the Guitar body slimmed down from the back side. Since it was way to heavy..almost 5 kgs. Now after slimmin it down its almost 4.5Kgs..But the carpenter screwed the finish...Will hav to get the edges rolled now...

7. mymusicmyguitar

Forgot to mention. The black guard is actually made from some cheap Acrylic sheet. I have to change the input jack socket and get a really nice looking pickguard like a strat on it..With the knobs properly aligned so that they are aligned properly.....will be gettin it done from the local shops this week....

8. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

My guitar weighs over 5 kilos and I can stand with it for over an hour and a half without discomfort... Earlier I used to face the same problem....

Secret: Overhead presses and trap shrugs 3 days a week with heavy weights.... :cool:

9. guitarplayer729

Which guitar is it?

10. tirtha2chester

11. guitarplayer729

Oooh. Well how much do normal strat shaped guitars weigh?

12. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

AV3 weighs over 5 kilos????????

13. tirtha2chester

Yes, and probably a bit more than that.. Its heavier than an Epi LP standard...

14. tirtha2chester

2-3 kgs I guess...

15. henrynh

henrynh New Member

Looks are fine. The acrylic sheet is an eye sore. I was wondering whether you routed it like a strat with the electronics access on top of the body instead of the back, that's why I asked cause couldn't think of a reason you would want that over there.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this had more sustain, those trem blocks on Std Am strats need replacing with something better, most strat owners get it done after awhile, helps with the tuning stability as well. The CS ones are probably not going to need to have that done, but I've never seen a CS strat in person or heard it lol. Actually I saw Remo lately with one that had a Glass body, it was transparent but had wood from the neck upto the bridge, in one straight line. Looked cool & at first I thought it was electric ukulele :Laughing:

Anyways, you are spoiled with light weight Fender & Ibanez bodies, imagine if you were playing this daily https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldgfdqUGLI1qztydso1_500.jpg :p:

You sure that you did not weigh it while standing along with it on the weight counter?:p::rock:
    That's quite heavy to gig with live though, none of mine weigh that much. Max 4 kgs maybe for the Viper.
    5kg + 1or2kg hardshell/flightcase is a pain to carry around :help:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

17. tirtha2chester

:D

No not as such.. But I have a lot of experience with weights... Like I said, I work out in a gym regularly, and I do believe this guitar weighs more than a 10 lb dumbbell...

18. tirtha2chester

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There is a huge difference between a dumbell which you pickup with its center of mass inside your palms.
    And a guitar whose center of mass lies "a foot" away from where you hold.
    Also the grip makes a huge difference.

Try picking up and walking 100 meters with a 10 kg filled water bucket (typical "balti" shape) and compare that with a 10 kg dumbell (peanuts)

20. tirtha2chester

^^^ This...