first facial transplant ...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by shak, Dec 2, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

so .. they have done it again .. first ever facial transplant
    what do you reckon ... another frail attempt at messin with the nature? i think so .. i guess we have got a similar situation to genetic engineering here .. theft of identity will become so much easier through these facial transplants .. if this is to be legalised .. i think we ought to have strong legal papers to prevent the misuse ..
    whats your say ..?

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4491310.stm

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

damn.. i was looking for some "graphic" pics :phbbt:

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Soon the movie "Face-Off" will become reality.

On a more serious note, I'd like my face transplanted under Nikki Nova or Monica Bellucci.

4. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Well....bad bad...apart from the reasons shahrukh pointed out....i think it will just start a another race...commercialization of god given faces...another place for rich to flaunt their riches.....research money could be spent on hundered other things ailing human society.........these days scientists r also becoming business men! Science will soon be a part of businnes faculty at universities.

on other hand if it gives hope to a person gone through some major injury its not a bad idea!! but i am sure....the objective of research would not stick to tht aim for long!!

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol...Shahrukh, dont open the can of worms brother...its another one of those unending and pointless debates...should we mess or shouldnt we???
    I say perhaps we mess cuz he wants us to mess...keeps everyone happy doesnt it.

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

but where r the pics :phbbt:

i wanted to see some "before and after" pics!! :cry2:

7. shak

shak Harrr!

@dennis: .. well i thought IGT was lacking a bit of healthy discussion on some "of worth" topic ..but oh well .. :) nevamind .. next time i will start a poll on female actresses ..that will get some attention hehe ..
    @ankur: i agree mate!!
    @cryptic: u into blood andgore?? PM me and i'll give you links to better pictures!! haha .. lot of gore

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol bro, im dont mind a discussion.....im all game for it.(just dont want it to end in people bullshiting each other , thzz it)

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hahahaha

cant open the link it says the document contains no data !!

?? :eek::

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

seriously, whats up with the CC lounge lately?

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol, there is a thread on Mr IGT 2005 reloaded( or soemthing like that) ...i guess that sums it up ..hahaha

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

There's a lack of neo threads these days. I think facial transplants are OK for reasons like these. But rich fckers who think that their nose should be a bit smaller or whatever shouldnt just be allowed to do this, they shouldnt be allowed to live IMO. :mad:

13. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

facial transplant.. another game in the town.. lolz... some might enjoy playing it..

and as our good old dharmatma says

is duniya mein bahut paap hota hai

14. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i'm reminded of ur poem.... the one i really liked :)

15. shak

shak Harrr!

well no .. thats more like platic surgery isnt it?? .. the nose job, lip pouting, botox etc .. no its not that .. we are talking about getting complete face (with features) from one person and fixing it to someone else's face .. complete transplant!! ..
    the only thing that still rings in my head is ... identity theft!! .. < thats a big thing!!

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Pros:
    Facial Recontruction....somebodies face ets burnt , viral infections etc scar a person....facial reconstruction will dramatically change that persons life
    Cons:
    As Shahrukh says Identity Theft...i guess we will need those Retina Scaners :)

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i need one badly.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

screw face implant..i need smone to gimme a hair implant :phbbt:

19. shak

shak Harrr!

really? ... damn ... drop me a pic of yours in email .. ok?

20. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

well all of this is quite depressing..and then theres been talk of some really potential experiment on cloning in russia or china or someplace..first we have organ transplants..they save lives FINE! but then cosmetology and plastic surgery..so now its like inside out -ur not you anymore!! i mean comon..whatever happened to the freedom of self and individuality..and blah blah!!

Lack of self-respect..i say! And when it comes to that..the pigs seem prettier than us..:grin: