First electric guitar !!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rickkky_rich, Apr 28, 2009.

1. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

ya i'll do that.. one of my frnd is goin to chennai this weekend.. i'll ask him.. thanks anyways..u guys are awesome..

2. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

i can ask my guitar shop guy if needed (i stay in chennai BTW)

3. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

ohh..that even cool.. kindly do it.. CORT EVL-Z4 costs around 19k in bajaao.com.. do let me know.. maybe i can have my guitar this weekend itself.. thnx :)

4. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

so u want me to check Cort EVL-Z4 and cort M600 right???
    Ill tell u by tonight 8PM

5. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

yes exactly !!! both of them

6. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

ok mate just called
    they deal in cort's they have the EVL -Z2 - 14k
    and the M600 - 19~20 k
    from Shruthi Musicals - kilpauk

cheers
    anirudh

7. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

hey thnx bro.. Z4 was nt there? anyways thnx for the quick info...

8. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Nah they dont have Z4 but the M600 looks really good

9. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

ya true .. i've seen it in pics.. thats y i was fascinated by M600 first .. but Z4 is worth a deal..

10. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

which pickups wud be better .. Duncan designed or EMG.. ?

11. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

Hey guys , dinn want to create a new thread as I had the same query . However my budget is too rigid and low as compared to Rickky who opened the thread. I had shortlisted a few setups , so need a view of the experts on them :)

1)Java guitar-> https://www.bajaao.com/java-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar-p-3720.html
    Stranger amp -> https://rajmusicals.in/product_info.php?products_id=153
    Digitech Proccy -> https://www.bajaao.com/digitech-rp80-guitar-multieffects-processor-with-free-case-p-3543.html

2)Ibanez -> https://www.bajaao.com/ibanez-grg170dx-electric-guitar-p-157.html

now i'm confused here since i used up most of my cash in the guitar , either i have to let go the amp or the proccessor.

as a substitute for the amp i could use my Sony Hi-Fi music system and spend on a low end processor or get an amp wid pre-default effects like the roland ones.

12. distorted

distorted satan

@ricky: Depends on wt u play... Newys, as per the reviews, duncans do better fr most of the things, but dats quite subjective.

13. unet

unet New Member

I suggest you get the Ibanez. If you get the Java, you will want to change it later which is just a waste of your money.

A Roland cube is also recommended.

14. RoMeO_Gguru

so Ibanez GRG 170DX and Roland Cube wid 4 effs ?

is there much difference if i choose Ibanez GRG 150 ? apart from the fact the latter has 22frets ? is having a 24fret guitar mandatory in attempting lead ?

15. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Also Yamaha Pacifica models are a better option for both @ricky and @Romeo.
    @Romeo - Better would be go for a Decent guitar and Marshal MG10 Amp.
    Now tat u r willing to spend 12k for guitar + 5.5k for processor + 2k for Amplifier. = approx 19k for all
    Guitar is a one time investment soo get that Java crap out of ur list. Buy a decent guitar like yamaha pacifica or Cort models suggested above and buy an Amp worth 3k like Marshall. Dont buy a processor. U can save up and buy a good one later.
    BETTER GO FOR THE BEST THAN TRYING TO GET MANY THINGS in lesser budget.

As far as Duncun designed pickups are considered they are the sweetest sounding p'ups whereas EMG are preferred for metal(they have more punch than the Duncun designed). But thats personal preference.
    IMP NOTE - EMG pickups on those guitars are ORIGINAL EMG's and not some designed ones like Duncun :).

16. mymusicmyguitar

One more option for @Romeo
    Fender Squier + Roland Microcube.
    I some how trust Squiers and Yamaha more than the Ibanez in this price range.

17. RoMeO_Gguru

hey, 3MG ... Marshall MG series is not that gud and has this scratchy noise i experienced while trying it out . so i want to stick to Roland for that matter.

secondly my budget is not 19k it's 15k . Proccy is purchased only if i get the Java guitar which you told me to cancel it . so now i'm left wid buying a guitar and amp(wid effects) under 15k . so what do you rekon ?

18. mymusicmyguitar

Roland - 5.5k. Remaining 9.5k. I can only think of Squier California series(which i dont like though it has got rave reviews). My choice wud be the Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster which will exceed ur budget slightly.

By the way Marshall amps are really good the Marshall10cd. I dont know what scratchy noise u experienced, U must hav checked some faulty one. I hav Roland as well as Marshall both are kickass.

Again try the Marshall Series. PLay with the SQUIER AFFINITY. That wud be an Ideal setup acc to me.

19. RoMeO_Gguru

20. mymusicmyguitar