First Carnatic Guitaring mp3 on IGT!!! Guess the artiste.

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jayswami, Feb 25, 2005.

1. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

come one guys! maybe i will move this to hindi and tamil tab forums.

3. ^^what no reply:)

well who was it finally???????

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

It has long since been solved, the artiste is ananth222

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Has to be ananth. This is brilliant stuff.

6. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

Hey everybody,
    I am new here, and do not mean to be too critical. I did hear the guitar piece, and here is my critique of the same.

Carnatic music is not just about the right swarams(notes), and the rite thalam(rhythm). It is about bhavam(expression). What gives carnatic music this expression is the effective use of what is called gamakams(modulation).

I do appreciate people venturing out and trying what is new, in order to improvise on what we have. The guitar being very similar to the veena(in terms of frets on the instruement), is probably a good bet. Other western instruments such as the violin have been brought successfully into carnatic in the past. We have instances where the saxaphone has been brought into carnatic too. The effort is admirable.

Ananth, Jay tells me that the guitar mp3 is yours. I cannot tell you it is 'brilliant stuff' like the others. It needs a lot of work. Your hand is still raw. However, you do have the gift of a good ear, and a good sense of thalam too. Work on the gamakams, and remember not to overdo anything.

Good job guys

Harini

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

he is a beginner harini, check him out after 2 3 years. he is gonna open for your show.

8. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

Lol Jay,

I dont do shows, I only do kutcheris :).

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

just for the record, harini is a purist :), and she absolutely hates morning raaga soundtrack , shakti etc etc :) and she is also a kick ass carnatic vocalist

10. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Welcome to da forum. Your inputs will also help us become better musicians!!!
    :kutcheri:

11. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

wow.. wonderful comments, very useful for beginners to pick up.
    See guys, she is the one who invented music, and carnatic music to be specific.
    and Madam, how about AR Rehman, Shankar-ehsaan-loy, do they have raw hands still? and did God gift them with a good ear?

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ Y THE SUDDEN need to bump such an old thread?
    that too not commenting on the clip ..lol.