Firefox loses ground to IE

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rizaaj, Aug 16, 2005.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Aug 16th, 2005

Firefox's market share slipped last month for the first time since the alternative browser began its battle to offer a popular alternative to Microsoft's ubiqitous Internet Explorer software.

This consistent growth suffered a set-back when Firefox fell back from 8.71 per cent market share in June to 8.07 per cent in July, acording to web analytics firm NetApplications. Over the same period Microsoft's share rose from 86.56 per cent in June to 87.2 per cent in July, so Firefox's loss was Microsoft's gain.

NetApplications mentions Mozilla decision to launch a commercial arm in explaining why some might have gone back to using IE. Other theories could include an end to the "honeymoon factor" and recent security problems tarnishing Firefox's image as a more secure alternative to IE. NetApplications' stats comes from a survey of 40,000 customers of NetApplications Web site montoring service.

Source

2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Dude ...m still using FireFox ... I just love it ... much better than IE.. whatever may be the reason for FireFox to lose groung to IE, it must be temporary .. FF will surely come back in a big way again...

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

ye i know that.. and i believe that... and by the way im too using firefox..

4. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

naah...its been giving me probs for quite sumtime now(Mozilla)

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i dont get whats the difference between them.....

6. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

me using firefox too. it simply rocks.

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

firefox rules man!......u can open multiple tabs in da same window .....thtas one of ma fav feature!:rock:

8. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

The kind of neanderthals that use IE are still predominant. They're wary of using firefox for some god unknown reason and still insist on getting their system infected with junk rather than switch to something they can be sure is better. Oh well, firefox will rally i guess, i hope.

10. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

firefox is the best. IE is full of holes and their spyware vulnerability is increasing day by day!!!

11. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

IE7's got that feature too. The search box is there also. Plus, Anti-phishing filter, popup blocker, newsreader etc.

12. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

IE eventually had to fight it back no dounts abt it but to get all the lost users back from firefox would surely take some time , quite a long time i guess - but they do have their own fanatics tooo ...

i am sure they wont loose hopes ... atleast for me firefox rocks and no complaints so far ...

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

WELL
    IE is by Microsoft and that is a reason good enuff for me for not using IE ... :phbbt:

MS suxxx

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

to be precie........FIRFOX IS GOD!.......and IE is its bonded servant!

15. anurag_26

anurag_26 New Member

dont use windows then....
    everyone hate MS bcoz its no. 1 and everyone hates no. 1.
    firefox doesnt open many sites. e.g times of india epaper, i.e does it.. firefox cant even open my university website.... its a crap

16. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

anurag_26:firefox cant even open my university website.... its a crap

Techically, your university site is crap not firefox.
    To know more visit:
    https://www.lug-delhi.org/wiki/HallOfShame and click on the hyperlink: Websites

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

oops dude

TIME TO WASH YOUR DIAPERS ...

i use Microsoft:
    1. at office because our company software is built on MFCs (that is Microsoft Foundation Classes)

2. at home beacuse I can play games ... I have linux also at home, which i use for everything else ...

second thing is that u seem to be the kind of guy who doesnt like uniform protocols or standards for industry ...

and instread of condemning those fellows whose site dont open with any browser other than IE ... u are condemning the makers of Firefox ... shame upon you !

fie ! ... may the worms eat your body ...

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

MS kicks ass...because all best games are designed for it :p:

linux games suck..........booo :phbbt:

19. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

games on linux are not (yet) as evolved as on those winduhs ...
    agreed @wiz !! 100% .. but lets stick to browser wars here! ;)