FingerStyle Guitaring ?? :s !!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by RAVISHINGBOY, Oct 11, 2004.

1. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

wht is the Meaning of Finger style Guitarist ! ?
    how its done ? and is there any tutorial to learn it ??
    Any web links ?
    well ive been playing guitar and im very Gud at lead ! . .. but when i saw some fingerstyle guitarist playing i got confused .. well its nearlly impossilbe to compete with them with Noraml LEading . any one know this style ?? here at IGT ??

2. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Search the "Beginners Q&A" forum to read more about it. Also, get you hands on any of the following books.

The Art of Contemporary Travis Picking - by Mark Hanson
    Beginning Fingerstyle Blues Guitar - by Arnie Berle

Look up these two books on Amazon to read the user reviews. Do NOT learn fingerpicking from internet tutorials. None of them are worth the trouble.

Raj

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Raj why dont you do some Tutorial writing on how to start off??

4. RAVISHINGBOY

yah .. im little cut from my pc @ Windows Problem .. Jay u were right MicroSoft Suckx. .sory for off the topic ill be checking this thread in few days .. Please post some FInger style tutorials @ Advance users .. thanx

5. RAVISHINGBOY

any one for finger style :( pleash need some info ..

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

finger picking style is too complex and vast to make a standard tutorial. your hand position for instance in finger style can be so different that it affects the way you grip and hold chords or how you attack notes so like Raj said your best reading a book that covers everything rather than reading one person's guide which would throw you off.

In short: get the book!!