Fingering of power chords

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by Orange Guitar, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

can any1 tell me the fingering of power chords...i dont want the the fingerings of these types like (244xxx)....i want all other power chords fingering!!!!!! please help....urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

wat other power chords????

a power chord is basically a note and its fifth.. another place to paly it would be like xxx12x....

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Power Chord means Root and Fifth. The example you showed had a Root, Fifth and another Root one octave higher. This is what a Power chord to my knowledge. There are Fourths or Tritones too which could be treated as power chords. For Rock and Roll comping, even Sixth and Sevenths are used. But unlike the regular chord only Root and Sixth or Root and Seventh are played.

Now you got the formula for various power chords, so just apply this formula across all strings and along the entire fretboard.

4. Orange Guitar

i have seen mizraab playing chords with their index finger of 4 string....middle on E and pinky on 5 string...what type of chord is this?????

5. Orange Guitar

i have seen mizraab playing chords with their index finger of 4 string....middle on 6 and pinky on 5 string...what type of chord is this?????

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

um on whcih frets?

7. Orange Guitar

like 1 to 3 fret!!!! plz help!!!

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that is nothing but an inverted major chord ... i.e. with the bass note being other than a root note ...

lets take c major ... (actually C/G)

... so if u play only the 3 heaviest strings ... it will be the same C major (actually C/G coz the bass note is G) ...