Finger Picking (Flamenco Style)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by DesiPride143, Dec 4, 2004.

1. supernic

supernic New Member

A tip for you guys:
    If you intend to fingerpick on an acoustic go and buy a thumb pick. Buy a small one in the beginning. Be sure it's for the correct right hand (left if you are lefty). The company's name (e.g. dunlop) will be towards you if you are wearing it correctly. This is called Travis picking.

Here are a few ways to play in travis picking:
    -------------------------------------
    B--------1--------------------------
    --------------------0----------------
    --------------2----------------------
    ------3------------------------------
    p m p i
    ----------------------------------------
    B----------------------1--------------
    ------------0--------------------------
    -------------------2-------------------
    -------3-------------------------------
    p i p m

And so on with other chords. If you cannot change the chords fast, do it one or two fingers at a time. Try other patterns. You can mix up the patterns too.

2. supernic

supernic New Member

For classical guitar:
    Picking one string in a chord at a time is called arpeggio. Search the net. There is much material on arpeggio. Practice with apoyando first then tirando.

Chords are always played simultaneously. First practice with 2 finger simultaneously, then 3 then 4. Don't let the bass strings overcome the treble strings. The sound timbre and volume must be consistent.

I have attached the Segovia scales. Practice them daily and your LH/RH fingerings will improve.

Attached Files:

3. suman_uav

suman_uav Member

:beer:this can help me..........................:beer:

4. abhaypr081

abhaypr081 New Member

hello to everyone!

hello! i am new to this forum and just a beginner so someone help me out with beginner's lesson...i am seriously interested in learning guitar

5. beemajor

beemajor New Member

pleease pleease pleeease gimme more tips on this style.. u have been a lot of help..
    thanks!!! awesome!!!

6. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

check out lessons by csybu, She is a nice pleasant teacher!
    also by Heerosleva

Not sure abt the spellings.

You tube offers great stuff!

7. cristal

cristal New Member

Wonderful to see the enthu here to learn about Flemco style. Here's some news to use. Check this intensive performance workshop for: Guitarists, bass players and drummers
    Faculty: Prasanna & David Gilmore (Wane Shorter, Joss Stone) for guitar, Mike Pope (Chick Corea, Al Di Meola) for bass and Rodney Holmes (Santana, Wayne Shorter) for drums
    Register at: https://www.sam.org.in/workshop_ registration.html

Regards,
    Shiv

8. Maxnumar

Maxnumar New Member

Finger Picking Flamenco Style

Finger Picking Faster than Flat/Economy Picking?

Anyone know how Finger Picking stacks up against Economysweep and or Flat Picking as far as Speed goes?

Could you hypotheticallyplay through a Scale
    "faster" with Finger Picking than with economy
    picking?

Anyone have a chart or info on what Fingers to use if finger picking through a scale?

Thanks