Finger joint pain - Please help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by newbie, Apr 4, 2008.

1. newbie

newbie New Member

Hi,

I started learning guitar around a month and a half back. Since the past 15 days or so I have this constant pain in my left index finger joint. This started about the time when I started learning chords. These days the pain is so much that I cant even completely fold my index finger. Pain on the finger tips is understandable and I am already past that stage. But why this pain in the finger joint? Its getting me a little worried. Did anyone face similar problems? I would really appreciate any kind of help.

TIA

2. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

yaaa i have accidently injured my index finger while playing chord,and this happen to me 3 0r 4 times, all i do is give rest to finger for few days wen it happened. I will suggest same to u. Give rest to ur fingers. And try to press the strings from tip of ur finger while playing chords.

3. sumantp

sumantp New Member

hey amn..!!!i had this problem wen tryin to learn the F chord!!!don worry...give the finger some rest..!!!
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!cheers!!

4. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

No.
    10 character limit.

5. newbie

newbie New Member

Thanks amit and suman. In fact evn I started having this problem since the time I am learning F chord. Prob giving it some rest wld be the best sol.

6. sumantp

sumantp New Member

No probs..continue practicing!!!Cheers!!

7. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

happy for u.:)

:beer: