find the mistake in this

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sisu, May 25, 2005.

1. sisu

sisu New Member

well i tried all ways,means and methods to find the mistake in this...if u people can help me then i will be very glad to have it...check this and find the mistake
    FIND THE MISTAKE IN THE FOLLOWING....

1 RS. = 1 RS.
    1 RS. = 100 PAISE..
    1 RS. = (10x10) PAISE..
    1 RS. = (0.1x0.1) RS.
    1 RS. = (0.01) RS.
    1 RS. = 1 PAISE.
    :eek::

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

is it?????????????

3. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

hey hey u understand wrong

funny question, but amazed how people forgets the basics, first of all man tell me is it possible that

a non squared quantity is equal to a squared quantity, have u forget the method of verifying the equation by transforming it into its basic units (old knowledge in basic physics)
    now the fault in ur calculation is u have equated

Rs= square Rs (i think u got it)

if still not let Rs.1= Rs.1
    = 100 paisas (absolutely correct)
    = (10x10) paisas (that is true)
    = Rs. (.1 x .1) (absolutely wrong)

coz u cannot conver indudaul paisa into ruppees, 10x10 is a one unit, but for ur case it becomes = (Rs. 0.1 x Rs. 0.1)
    = square Rs.(0.1 x .01)
    but u have written as Rs. .01 that is absolutely wrong. that was the fault in ur calculations. THink man Think, Mathematics is fun, but complex for those who forgets the basis, feel free to ask any thing about math.

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

is correct uptil here ..

following is incorrect and does not make any sense ...

i mean , what is this ?? :confused:

5. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

hey hey u understand wrong

oops u got wrong
    first answer me can a square quantity equal to a square quantity, have u forgets the old physics knowledge of physics of basic units,
    ur problem is Rs. 1 = Rs. 1 (absolutely right)
    = 100 paisas (yes its true)
    = (10 x 10) paisas (fine)
    = Rs( 0.1 x 0.1) (0ops its wrong)
    u cannot convert single paisas into Rs. when they r in the product form, coz then bassically it becomes square of Rs.
    and Rs = Square Rs it is contradiction, i think u got it, if u still not got it, feel free, to ask, but brother remember whenever to solve any mathematical problem , u have to recall the basics of knowledge.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

maths..................that does ring a bell hmmmm :think:

7. sisu

sisu New Member

ooooo...tht was quick reply from all of u...well even i have been thinkin over it but...i got the same point as u people ...but i wasnt sure bout it n i just couldnt convince my fellow friends...newaz thanks a lot