Finally its time................

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by walk_alone, Dec 24, 2005.

1. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hi Guys,

I think finally its time that i shd now begin to learn this magical instrument.
    I have absolutely no clue abt guitars to be honest...................though i luv every sound of it.
    I need to geta guitar preferably electric in couple of days................
    plz plz suggest me the rite one.................
    and how shd i begin ...........
    waiting guys............

2. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

dude its a loong story, but i think that u shud get an acoustic one first. Get to know what a guitar feels like, and then go for an electric. U dont learn driving in a Ferrari right? Get some good beginner's guitar, and then get electric later.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

id suggest an electric...to start off, the rest depends on ur budget.
    Electrics range from 4k-40k-100k. So....tell us ur budget and we might be able to give u some better advice

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Also tell us what kind of music you want to play.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ walk_alone : Get an Acoustic First.. You can jump that phase at all.. You're not only gonna hit road bumps, but you're gonna miss out on a lot of Details and Techniques..

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i dont agree with the get an acoustic first and then electric theory...if u are sure about playing guitar id suggest an electric to start off.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

agree with you dennis,
    but see:

our man is absolut n0000b! and what is the reason behind his going in for the "magical instrument" guitar?
    most prob the glam factor.

once he does start playing and practicing, he will realize that everything is not so easy.
    What if he decide to forgo? Buying an acoustic is a cheaper investment, electric is definitly more expensive.
    So incase, he decide to quit, there is not much to be lost.

On the other hand, he can always upgrade if he really wants to play electric.

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yup..agree with u.
    Get an electric if u are seriously seriously serious about a life of guitaring(with only a bunch of guys checking u out)
    or an acoustic( with no one checking u out) :p:

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*tongue in cheek*

Replace the word "guys" with "chicks" and it will hold true the other way round. I guess u must've seen that happen @ IITD?

10. walk_alone

WOW,

Amazing reponses.........................Guys lemme tell u iam absolutely serious about learning.Its not abt glamour or chicks its just abt something that i create and is my own......

Anyway i have decided to buy a Hobner 265( f -cut ) and offcourse with pikups and an amp........ i wd really wanna feel that pain in my fingers and those frustrating countless hours wen i wd sound like absolutely crap before moving to a electric one.

i dnt wanna buy a GIVSON(waste of money)..................so maybe wen i eventually learn to learn playing guitar i wd shift to maybe a Les Paul or a Fender(lol maybe dreaming).........

I am into Rock (Grundge) but tht doesnt affect my learning 'coz i wd start from classical.

I really appreciate all your views and wd luv if u continue doing so.

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ Dude since you know a lot about guitars already.. Try the acoustic man.. If you feel the need for an Electric go for it..

12. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

go for an acoustic first...then shift to an electric

13. walk_alone

Decided but....

Hi Guys,

Finally i have decided to get a semi - Acoooooooooooooostic guitar.
    My budget if 6k,initially i thought of getting Hibner 265 (f-cut).

Is there a gud guitar in 6k range?

Plz post some brands and the price range.

Thxs

14. walk_alone

sorry i meant Hobner

lol

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The Hobner 265 from Personal Experience, ROX....