finally buy an electric but not getting cheap amplifier

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Sep 25, 2005.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hey i am planing to finally buy an electric but not getting hceaps amplis!!!

any advice what to do
    ???

can i connect the guitar to pc??
    what abt the sound quality then??

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Connecting to the pc is not a bad idea. You can download some guitar effects software and you'd be good to go. The quality would depend on your soundcard.

I actually dont have an amp right now so i use just the pc (actually been like that for a year now) and i send the signal through my zoom 505 and i love the sound i get for the cleans and the effects are nice too, dist/overdrive on the other hand is'nt good but i can manage.
    I was actually looking for a tube amp maybe 30 watts but dont think i can get anything cheap. At one point even thought of building one - the Peavey Classic 50 - i have the schematics but dont know how to go about it since i'm not an electronics guy.
    So stuck with the pc which is good as long as you have a good effects pedal or processor. If you're not planning to go on stage anytime soon you can buy a good guitar and a good processor instead of a good guitar and a cheap amp.

Hope i helped,

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

THANKS will c but think my soundcard is integrated one with motherboard...;;

4. sridhar11_2

It's actually better to have a seperate one but it will work

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the PC is okay for starters but doesnt help in the long run. in fact, since its integrated you can experience latency in the input and output sound. however, if u really must use a PC, download software like guitar FX and ReValver.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

HEy if u are in cotact with some Electrical Engineers u can build a home made amp - which u can MOD very easily.
    Contact Ronnieanand for more details.

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

guitar fx software sux......i downloaded that thing thrice till date n hasnt worked even once.....once it worked.......but it buzzed like hell that i had to off my speakers! :mad:

8. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Better go for a home-made one. That will be quite cheap and better than most cheap crap available.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Make one for yourself. Works out cheaper and you can pay for good quality parts instead of paying for Brand Name. Brand Name funda works if you are going for their high end. Usually their low end sucks. There's one small Peavey Cube 20 in my Jam Room. I bet that you cannot show me a worser sounding amp. Stranger or Kustom or even a Cheapo brand will kick that Peavey's a.ss. But Peavey 5150 is a killer.
    If you have a schematic and you are sure that it works, get a PCB done and get all the components and you can assemble and test is yourself and I can help you too if required.

10. ronnieanand

Nice to see lot of Home Brewed stuffs are getting popular. My dream is play through my a setup that is completely made by me :beer: .

11. sridhar11_2

I know bout that guitar fx crap it does'nt work.
    Try this it really works ( only problem is latency ) but it's just a 30 days trial
    https://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=guitarrig_us&ftu=150c4e6b63

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude get Guitar FX BOX 2.6 ........
    Its good .. I guitarist in college used it till he bought an AMP and a ZOOM 505 ...

He had an onboad sound card so it sounded bad .......

But its manageable ........

Give it a shot its free !!!!!!!

But one advice and warnig .... U could screw up ur speakers if u give lotsa volume .....

13. ronnieanand

I'd say safely avoid your Software FX and PC thing unless you want to record. For playing buy a nice guitar and a simple Amp. It seriously is better than playing through some crap.

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ well said!:rock:

15. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Thats for guys who can spend money ... But what if u can't afford ... U can't wait till u get the money !!! All the time waiting for money is wasted ....!!!!!!

16. ronnieanand

But not for guys who have plenty of Money but wont spend on Gear but buy expensive Home Appliances. :p: