Fight Corruption Now

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Jul 15, 2007.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

You must be a Ghaati

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Not likely, otherwise he would've chosen the Senas
    How does that matter when you speak about right and wrong?
    Looks like - If a small party is supporting a right cause you won't support simply because its not big/national enough for you.
    You can already reap benefits if you belong to the pro-corruption legion
    So you want a simple activist to become a crooked politician.
    Only then will you start supporting him and his cause.
    No wonder Indians deserve the kind of political leaders they have.

3. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

1. Yes, I'm not a ghaat. But that doesn't stop me from saying that Raj Thackeray is a future CM of Maharasthra.

2. I never said anything about the bigger players being right or wrong. Nor did I say that about the fringe parties. I vote for someone who might win the majority of the votes and then that party will have to choose a coalition. I don't want to vote for a smaller party and then which might not be part of a coalition. No DMK, TMC, BSP etc are gonna form a Government by themselves in the next decade. Bet on a horse which has a chance of winning provided you believe in it.

3. I meant of a corruption free India. I'm sure you already knew I meant that.

4. English Test: All politicians are not corrupt but some of them are. Okay 95% of them are. Nowhere did I mention that I want him to be crooked or corrupt. He just has to be smarter, not exactly like a politician. Maybe i chose my words incorrectly there. Basically not think like an activist.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Absolutely true... When people should stand for the people fighting for the right cause people are criticizing them... Then these very people shout out loud that India is corrupt and leaders are douchebags .. Kejriwal do one mistake and everyone turns against him in no time.. While the Congressmen are busy corrupting the nation with more and more scams...
    ... No wonder we deserve all this...

5. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

So, how have you helped in the Kejriwal cause?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

by not criticizing him ...

7. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

So you're just another sheep.

Following blindly, until the next so called messiah comes along. In with the new, out with the old.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

As they say "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep"

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But I was talking about right vs wrong. This thread is about corruption. Right. Wrong. Black. White.

Case: A small player being right a big player being wrong.
    Like an idiot Indian, you decide to cast your vote to the big player simply because you feel that big player will win.

You don't realize that it is this "sheep" thinking from you that makes this "big" party big.
    And you toe the line, inspite of the big party being wrong, you make it win the elections and hence the continued dynastic rules.

You tell me who is the bigger herd follower - the one who listens to a voice that comes out with facts (that were perhaps already well known, but no evidence existed) - or the one that simply BELIEVES that someone is bound to win elections, and thus propels that someone with his votes.

SO ... You will vote for MNS simply because you believe that Raju Gentleman will become the CM of Maharashtra. Not because you feel his stands for all the right thing.

Who is the real sheep here?

So why don't you share your gems/nuggets of wisdom?
    How should one become smart in exposing corruption, thinking like a politician but not becoming corrupt/crooked in process.

10. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

Politics has come to be wrongly associated with corruption.
    Manmohan Singh, the leader of one of the most corrupt democracy, isn't one himself.
    But he's not a very good politician either.
    Is politics only about being able to smartly reply to allegations? NO.

*Just for facts, this is why I respect the man:
    Manmohan Singh

11. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

Firstly, thinking like a crook is not the same as being a crook. If you do become corrupt/crooked in the process then you only have yourself to blame.

As I said before, I will vote for someone who I think has the right policies. Implementation is not up to me. So if a smaller but upcoming party is suggesting a policy that is good for me/business but the two national parties have come out and said that it'll never happen then I'm probably gonna look for what they have planned. Simple as that. Explain how I'm the sheep there please.

The big party being wrong? Congress/BJP all have been embroiled in scams however big or small. But lets not forget scams/money grabbing schemes by DMK/BSP/etc etc. They're small parties, only big in their respective states. I haven't been voting since the 50's but I'm guessing big or small, everyone's been wrong whenever they came to power.

You're just twisting my words by saying that I believe the X big party will win so I shall only vote for them. I said "I vote for whoever suits my fancy". Nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I only said Thackeray will become CM, but never said that I will or will not be voting for him. Never know until next time.

12. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

As they say "sheep to the slaughter"

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Instead of that long prose you could've simply answered my question:
    So why don't you share your gems/nuggets of wisdom?
    How should one become smart in exposing corruption, thinking like a politician but not becoming corrupt/crooked in process.

Which you haven't till now.

14. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

"I'm not gonna go to Jantar Mantar/Azad Maidan. He can fight it out and change the country.
    I'm here to reap the benefits."

What I said before..

I have no gems to share with Arvind Kjo and Anna. They're obviously doing a great job.

15. LiamNeeson

LiamNeeson New Member

I'm kinda waiting for you to pick holes in the above prose. I know there are but that would maybe help me word them better.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You already have.