Fight Corruption Now

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Jul 15, 2007.

1. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

It seems, after reading your posts, that you are really particular about your punctuations and grammar overall.

Just thought that I'd share the fact that your reference should appear last when you address a group of people (or someone else) along with yourself. :)

i.e. It should be "Anshphenomenon and I .."

PS - I'm so out of topic and for good :D

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Haha, thanks for the correction! I pretty much hate to be grammaticaly wrong when I'm in a serious mood. :)

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

OK, let's clear this first.
    I'm sorry, I was wrong to say that either of you said "Don't stand up". I apologise.

There isn't any way to know that you would not be killed while crossing the road, and there sure as hell isn't a system to protect you from dying. Would you now stay on your side of the road forever?

If you don't believe what you say, don't say it. If you say one should not accept bribes, then you should have the conviction to refuse when in the same situation. You don't have to say what others should or should not do. Note that I haven't once said that "we should not accept bribes".

There will never be a system to protect "such people". Will you be one of those people? Are you willing to stand up for what you think is right (on whatever scale, it doesn't have to be a global conspiracy), knowing the consequences may not be good?

Why are you being so defensive? Do you think I'm scolding you? I can't be writing responses separately for you and then adding a few lines and directing that to anshphenomenon. If you must split hairs, the first line is a response to both of you, and the 2nd line for everyone, paraphrasing anshphenomenon.

I haven't put any words into your mouth, I use the quote feature.

I didn't say you did, did I? Please read my post again.

It's better if we talk about what we believe in. We don't have to direct other people's attitudes, just our own. Stand up for what you think is right, and encourage others to do so. Common sense some times needs to be dictated. We don't need to dictate morality. That makes us sound self-righteous.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

only if they(the ppl) have/had the conviction, we wld not have had corruption in the first place.
    how many ppl actually say no?if they did, we wld not have been corrupt state.
    whatever their reason be, they still take bribes.
    i never said anywhere, that THIS is what shd be done or THAT is what is to be done.

what all i have said in my previous posts are just the circumstances stating under which this act of corruption is done.

quote me where ever i have said that taking bribe is all ok and kool.

do u think all ppl are brave enough and wld want to die a martyr's death?

U may want to,others may not!

i do stand up for MY rights!
    but there its a diff thing.
    there are twice as many ppl ready to pwn u down....if u go against them.
    I wld be ready to face the consequences, but wld all be?
    if they wld have, again we wld not have been talking on this situation here.

untill and unless there is unity against corruption which there is not, things wld look just like the way they are.

thats exactly my point!
    if u me and everone have the same attitude of NOT taking bribes and to be honest, and encouraging other to do the same,india wld be a no corruption state!

No one wld want to be a Musaddilal Paalkiwaala.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Please stop using these multiple quotes within one post.

It makes following the content posted unbearable.
    So please.

-x-

Ansh, yaar you might have agreed with what I said, but still you say that we need a system to protect the "whistleblowers".

The corrupt gang already has a good hold over the system - security providers.
    What is your honest gang gonna do about it?
    Beg the corrupt security ppl to protect them?

Your security is YOUR responsibility.
    In a fight, you dont ask for protections from your enemies.

Honest ppl need to realise this first.

6. anshphenomenon

^^agreed!
    honest ppl do need to realise.

i said it in my previous posts as well that honest ppl shd be responsible!!

i feel the honest ppl with the fear of consequences do not stand up!
    if they were responsible, this wldnt have happened.

and those who do stand up are more often than not alone in this battle against the system.

there shd be unity among them.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Why are they alone?

8. anshphenomenon

^^cause not many ppl perhaps have the courage to stand up for their rights as they are probably worried for the reasons stated above.

untill the honest guys have the courage to speak and stand up together, iam afraid, corruption isnt gonna go soon.

they have to unify.that is perhaps the only way out for fighting corruption.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Dude you are talking in abstract.

Courage comes fomr the confidence that no one can cause any harm to you.

10. anshphenomenon

^^but they actually do cause u trouble.

that is why the ppl r not confident to stand up for their rights!
    as they fear the consequences to follow for their standing upfront.

that is the sole thing which stops ppl from standing up.

YES,the day ppl stop caring abt the troubles or the after effects gonna be caused to them for their being upfront, that wld be the day when corruption wld be eradicated.

and for that u need to have Unity among honest officials to stand upfront for their rights against the corrupt group!

what i have been trying to say is basically that

the fear of losing out on careers and various other employment related opportunities is the reason why ppl do not stand up for their self and for their right,

and, the only way to fight it is to have unity among themselves and a little courage to stand up.
    which they shd if they have unity.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Not really.
    Its not when ppl will stop caring about their troubles.
    Its when they will stop fearing the consequences.

Why do they fear the consequences, because they know that evne when provoked to maximum extent, they are never going to stop the troublemakers. They are never going to become more ruthless than the troublemakers.

They (simply and bluntly put) dont have guts and ability to stop a person giving them death threats.

Whereas they dont realize that if even two such ppl are together, they can possibly turn the tables and give a "reverse" death threat to (what threat - may be even kill if required) the person threatening them.

That is the power of unity.
    That is something that most honest ppl probably dont realize.

Or may be they dont believe in defending themselves.
    If that is the case then its a lost battle.

Lets pack our bags, and leave this gang of honest "ball-less" ppl.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

And probably this is the reason why British found us such an easy target.

13. anshphenomenon

^^exactly!
    u said it again.

thats what i said in my previous post, they day when they will stop fearing the consequences.that wld be the day when the trouble makers wld be in trouble.

again when u said"They (simply and bluntly put) dont have guts and ability to stop a person giving them death threats." that is what i mean when i say they FEAR or are SCARED. they r like"jo hota hai hone do, bardaasth karte jaao"

and i have been saying in every post of mine that ALL OF THEM SHD BE UNIFIED AGAINST CORRUPTION.

14. anshphenomenon

exactly!

think of it.
    there were many soldiers recruited in the british police/army who were indian men.
    a small country like england dominating and ruling a big country like india.
    u had the small princely state kings who were with the british.
    if we wld have had unity then, thhings wld have certainly been different!

15. thehundredthone

Taking into consideration alpha1's problem.

a) Ifs and buts and ifs and buts. What I'm saying is do you have the conviction? If you do, it is likely people will see this and be encouraged to have the same.

b) You've said should in a lot of places.
    "AGAIN by saying that i do not mean to say that one SHOULD accept bribes.!!"
    "iam not saying that one shd accept bribes just cause they have to...infact one shdnt at all.."
    "one shd not accept bribes at all"
    "iam not saying that ppl shd not stand up at all!

infact they shd"

I'm not trying to beat you to death here, but don't say "i never said anywhere, that THIS is what shd be done or THAT is what is to be done."; especially the use of never and anywhere.

c) The part about the system protecting you from dying specifically refers to crossing the road. No one becomes a martyr by dying in a road accident.

d) "I wld be ready to face the consequences, but wld all be?"
    If you are ready, and people can see this, then they too will begin to be ready. Unity doesn't fall out of the sky, people have to be united.

e) "if u me and everone have the same attitude of NOT taking bribes and to be honest, and encouraging other to do the same,india wld be a no corruption state!"
    Now how about that?

f) "the fear of losing out on careers and various other employment related opportunities is the reason why ppl do not stand up for their self and for their right"
    So can't we be the generation that kicks this fear in the ass?

@alpha1
    g) "They are never going to become more ruthless than the troublemakers."
    The fight fire with fire theory eh? That's not how we gained our independence.

h) "Lets pack our bags, and leave this gang of honest "ball-less" ppl."
    And that's really one of the worst things you could have said. :/

16. anshphenomenon

now just to say,
    when Mr dubey was killed, was there an outburst?
    when manjunath was killed, was there an outburst then?
    NO.
    no one protested.
    not even media gave it the kind of coverage it needed.where it cld have played a huge and important role!!

that is exactly my point!
    the sad part is that people do see, but do not act!
    again take the above examples for this.

*high five to that*
    i wld love do be a part of it.

hamkaa maafi dedo!!!
    for sure!!!if we can in anyway set examples!!
    i wld be more than glad!
    there have to be people who can set examples!!
    what ever u do ,do it with honesty!

17. thehundredthone

I agree. But things need to start at home. In some respects the system does work, sometimes we're just not aware. IMO corruption in the higher ranks cannot be erased, but it can be edged out if we start small. And I think we have somewhat of a beginning.

Don't bask in the warm glow of hope and anticipation too long though, one day in this country takes it all away.

18. anshphenomenon

^^definitely!!!
    we have to start from somewhere!!
    RTI is a very useful weapon if u know how to use it,
    and gladly people have started to use it properly!

the website alpha mentioned is very instrumental in bringing up such issues.

19. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

baap re.. i missed all d fun here..

Rang De Basanti..

20. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I think some people are forgetting that the moment, an anti corruption force is institutionalized, there's no guarantee that there wont be corruption WITHIN the group. (extremely oversimplified example) A congress member could just hire a team of angry college students to join an anti corruption and blow the whistles at the bjp, say.

I have a mathematical publication on corruption, if anyone wants it.