Fibre body guitar Vs Wood body guitar

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sam_guitar, May 17, 2006.

1. sam_guitar

sam_guitar New Member

hay guys tell me
    which guitar's matterial is best .. i means .. a fibre body guitar is better or .. wood body guitar is better ... and why .... please i wana buy guitar .. muje samaj nahi a rahi kon sa loon to tell me the best and y .. with reason please
    Thanks .. in advance

2. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

the difference i've noticed b/w fibre body guitars n wooden ones is....

fibre body: u get crunchy sound and the presence is high as well

wooden body: there is more groove in the sound and is especially good when u are in to playin fret muting

thats only my observation i may be wrong......but i've tried almost every good brand like taylor, ovation, martin, vintage, fender, yamaha, gibson, takamine, tanglewood etc.

3. MHB

MHB Banned

Wooden body: These guitars sound more soft, kinda loud, and bass-hefty. So if you are into playing soft melo kinda music, or recording acoustically, this should be your choice.

Fibre body: These guitars sound kinda shrill, as if you are picking closer to the bridge. Good for fast rhythms, or acoustic lead play.

Put it this way, Wooden guitars are acoustic LPs, while Fibre ones are like Strats. Make ur choice, and next time, use a little more wide-spectrum language.

Khurram, i think u got an Ovation. I saw ur video. Nice one.

4. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

wouldnt the weights differ ??

5. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

^ yes.....but i guess there would be hardly anyone who would set 'weight' as another criterion for selection of a guitar :p:

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Now are you tallking abouth the Fibre bowl in acoustics like Oviation? Or electric guitars made of accrylic?
    eitheri way I prefer wood but thats my prefrence.
    Reason: the body needs to resonate to produe tone. Fibre may tend to be more stiff.
    In a guitar like the Oviation only the back Bowl is of Fibre not the top sound board. And the guitar benefits from the BOWL back as opposed to a stanard box design
    The Sound board on any good guitar is wood like spruce. The string vibration is transffered from the bridge to the soundboard whihc vibrates to produce sound in the sound box.. that the reason why your guitar should be made of quality woodnd material. If the soundboard is stiff your tone will suffer.

7. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

i say lets make them from khaadi and support the father of our nation...

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

hmm a khadi finish on a guitar will look nice...

9. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

yep and it wud be nice and light weight too...

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Nah nah nah I meant just this finish.. you know how you have Canndy apple red, Lkae placid blues ext...
    Back to the topic...On a acoustic guitar with a Fibre Bowl back.. The top/ sound board material and construction is very imp, as with any acoustic guitar. It is seriously your call. Many prefer the traditional constrution of a guitar construted totaly of wood whil emany like the fibre back. Its your choice. cheak out both and play many diff models.....

11. sam_guitar

sam_guitar New Member

thanks .. u .. what should i buy ovation or ... wooden guitar .. tell me please .... which willl be better i wana buy semi-acoustic .. please

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Sam it actualyy depends on your application and prefrence. I like both....but I think I like a normal costruction better, but that could be because I have not realy played a HIGH END OVIATIOn or HIGH END Guitars of that style I say cheak out both and see what you would prefer....
    The best tip I can give you is if you are going to use this just for jam ups and home playing then go for the normal cosntution.......The Oviations are built for stage use.... and their tone is thier tone PLUGGED in. .. i.e the OVIATION tone is the tone pluged in....
    Lots of good bramnds are available I realy dont lknow abouth what you have in Lahore, but Fender, Takamine, Yamaha, Washburn ext ext are all nice.