Few Steps towards IGT v2...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by zoomingrocket, Apr 24, 2005.

1. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Well...
    A long term wish of Neo to skin IGT and give it a new look...
    Finally on 22nd evening.. we both were discussing casually and when we both suddenly decided to complete this task!

We sat down and searched skins and selected this one...

We uploaded the skin... but oops that wasnt enough!
    We werent satisfied with just that!
    So we both decided that we should give it a PORTAL like look!
    We sat down and finalised on a portal script...
    It seemed that our long wish was gone get completed by tonight...but; that wasnt the case!
    Our portal system was ready to rock... but it wasnt getting along with our new SKIN!
    Tried every damn stuff and still couldnt get its solution!

Frustrated... we both left it.. and dropped a detailed thread at the Portal Script Coder for support!
    Next day... we again sat down and tried to give another shot at it...
    Nothing happening...
    Tried every damn change.. but our problem wasnt solved!
    Till evening.. no reply in support threads!
    At night.. we got this reply from the support thread: He could not login to test our pages!
    Doomed...

We slept that day too...
    Again.. next day we started and tried few things.. None worked!
    By evening... me & neo were jumping as we thought we found a solution to our problem!
    Excitedly we were setting everything to release... but again we were thrashed! Problem reoccured!
    Another day gone into mind-blogling searches!

Today.. in the morning itself i had some thoughts in mind... Its like this, until i find a solution...there is no peace in mind!! So it was always going at the back of my mind!
    But, i was doomed since night by my ISP..
    Wasnt able to login since then...!
    I lodged a complain in morning and went out with Mom...
    By the time i returned... it was already working!
    Thank god...

I sat down calmly and i started again from stratch!
    And this time... i thought of something i never had thought...
    Trying that... it was OVER; FINALLY!
    The problem solved!
    Since evening we both sat down and setup various things and now finally are releasing this Portal & Skin!

As you see, you have IGT Album, Poll, Stats & Online users on the right side!
    In the center column, you have latest posts from all the 5 Tabs Forums! We put that in center, cos most people come here for that!
    On the right side, you have the welcome box with usual links as earlier!
    Below that we have the latest topics lister, which fetches latest topics from rest of the forums!
    Also to mention, we have added many new avatar in UserCP! Sorry none are animated.. but they are good then nothing :grin:
    So i guess, now some amount of MENTAL Interaction would be required to enjoy IGT :p: :grin:

Ok.. all the way above i said problem: So lets describe that.. Our skin was wrapping up from the right side and covering half off the right column! :grin:

Hope i didnt take much longer to tell about the problem! ;) Atleast not as long as we took to solve it!! :grin:
    All in all... it was fun of 3days finally coming to satisfactory end!
    This project; only me & neo took up.. We didnt even release it to our Mods Team!
    Sorry guys.. but we just thought that this should be a big-big surprise!

So thats it...
    Without taking much time... Enjoy the new interface & skin everyday! Any problems/suggestions should be PMed to me!

And thanks a lot to NEO... without him..this wont have been possible!
    He provides the best Encouragement one requires to work! :rockon:

EDIT:
    Please Flush your browser 'cache' & 'cookies' to enjoy this brand new feel without any problems!
    EDIT:
    New system, where all your uploaded image attachments would be listed as small thumbnails in the thread itself! So its time when u club all ur posts into 1 single post!
    Check this for an eg: https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=7478
    So now, 1 post & multiple attachments would rock!

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

This Is Awesome Man...

Igt Rocks!!!

Lord Neo Rules!!!

Zoom Rules!!!

3. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

oh my god dudes this soooooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooool!!!WOW IGT V2 so damn cool but a bit confusing but no probs, will be ok later!!IGT looks so awesome n metallic!!
    Keep up the good work!!!!!:beer::rock:
    mmmmmaaaaan!!!!!aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

4. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i am just browsing and suddenly everything changes. . ! this is great work zooom and neo

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

This is just brilliant!! The two of you took it on your shoulders and did all this wow!
    IGT ROX!!!!!!!!!
    Lord_neo, i bow down to you
    Zoom, no words.............

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the LORD really Does GiveTH..............

and ZOOM in ur case expectation doesnt lead to dissappointment

7. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:
    jus 1 word.... Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom !
    also neoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :)

8. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

HEY Mods why don't u give all the online members some points as a gift since we were the lucky ones to witness the launching of IGT V2!!!Pleeez!!

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^^ Nice idea... hehehe....

Again, seriously, good work man.. Im still speechless....

10. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

WHY DA HELL DOES IGT ALWAYS LEAVE ME SPEACHLESS...
    left my pc on this particular thread waiting for a response... came back refreshed it.. and all of a sudden I thought it redirected to a diff. page... must have abused my pc to the core till I realised IGT written on the top !!

Any way, GREAT JOB... Lookin forward to see many more of such skins comming up !

Enjoying it already ( though its taking me time to blend in)

Great work Zoom and Neo :)

11. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Lord Neo aur Zoooom ki jai!!!...This new look kicks ass... :beer:

12. Taifi

Taifi New Member

awesome yaar. as silent_dragon said a bit confusing but will get used to it. rock on

13. shak

shak Harrr!

hehe .. typed the address ... saw something completely different ... checked the address twice ... spelling and everything .. even the grammar ... lol .. then rubbed my eyes ..pinched my self .... and finally murmured .. God bless neo and zooom !!! ... v2 is finally here!
    excellent work guys!

14. zoom n neo
    only one word
    awesome...

15. frendz

frendz New Member

gud wrk zoom & neo...........gr8 ........

16. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

lord neo,zoom you both :rule:
    :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:
    can't close my eyes :shock:
    IGT ROCKS....SO
    :rockon:

17. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

where is the bank and the points ???

18. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

looks complicated. need to get used to this skin. nice fade effects and colours. the dotted borders dont go well with the sleek look though. nice job guys!!

19. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

Temme something... Has this been changed twice... 1st I got to see my points, it was a typicall pHbb format... i could see my info on the right hand side with my points etc and also the bank

When I refreshed again to Verify and to authenticate that this was really the IGT website. it all changed again...

Is it true... if yeah... I think I liked the olderone where I could view my Bank etc.... (not that bank really matters to me... but yeah !) that typicallness of a Forum kinda still impressess me :)

Oh oh, and the other thing was that the personal info was displayed on every thread I open (same as the one in the blue scheme) we need to have that in here as well... Helps a lot :))))

Feedback... zoom or neo... or maybe anyone who noticed it as well :-\

20. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

I notice store back in its place... zoom working on it already... whoaa.... !!!!