ferrari right or wrong?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by anirban.d.das, Jun 22, 2005.

?

was ferrari right in the US GP?

1. hell yeah ferrari is always right

50.0%
  2. wrong wrong wrong

25.0%
  3. its really a 50 50 question

12.5%
  4. F1 suxx

12.5%
  1. anirban.d.das

anirban.d.das New Member

and now for another possible heated debate
    was what ferrari did in indianapollis right?
    they could have allowed the use of a chicane and let the other teams race but no they did not
    they wanted the points
    so right/wrong???

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

4 sum reason in the TIMES OF INDIA( delhi ,21st JUNE 2005 ) it sayz dat 10 teams voted on for the chicane and ferrari and
    the F.I.A. didnt vote it 4 it

i think it waz also mentioned by 1 of the commentators dat even if Ferrari agreed there would b no time 2 build da chicane

now i don kno hu 2 blame :think:

3. Taifi

Taifi New Member

yaar i know everything bout f1 except that whats a chicane...please can sum 1 tell me...btw i think ferrari shd also have retired...after ferrari i think jordan came and seeing jordan minardi also came coz jordan was theyre only challenge...

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

F1 is biased towards Shorter, thinner people. Seriously, the only people who enjoy it is the drivers themselves.
    And about ferrari: You get much more value for money and PERFORMANCE by koenigsegg.
    Or just tune up a 30000 Euro (Convert by yourself) Lotus Elise. PERFORMANCE & EFFICIENCY

Ferrari only has the brand name and nothing else.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

they had an oppurtunity to pick up some much needed points and they jumped for it!, i dunno if you can blame them for that, i think it was perfectly legal and they had the right to do that, i dont blame them at all .. infact i think it was very clever.
    but i do believe that the poor fans who paid 260+ pounds (26000 Rs!!!!) for a single ticket should have a refund.
    by the way i will get ma tickets for next year silverstone or berg race in sep :) :)

6. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

i have also said this on the F1 thread

DNT BLAME FERRARI !! DNT BLAME FERRARI !! DNT BLAME FERRARI !!

7. tejas

tejas ..........

I don't think ferrari did anything wrong. It was all in Ecclestones hands. He could've done whatever he wanted to. Now the FIA is pressing charges against all the michelin runners. Wonder what they'll be.

@Taifi - A Chicane is a left turn followed immediately by a right turn or vice versa. Its a sort of a speed breaker. In Indianpolis, turn 13 is almost a straight with a slight curve, which was deemed risky for the michelin runners. They wanted a chicane placed there, which would slow down the cars, and there by make it safer for them.

8. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

well i feel that ferrari has done nothing wrong.. It was their choice either to earn points or just follow the others.. and according to me.. points earn victories and not followers and thats what ferrari did. they followed the points and at the same time dint break any rules so ferrari have done the cleverst and smartest thing by earning points.
    It was in advantage of Bridgestone tyres and they grasped the advantage which is the smartest thing in any form of sport...
    Only sad thing wa sthe fans who had spent so much to see their team win and had to see their cars go back...Hope they get their refund back.
    Anyways bottom line... Ferrari was right and they deserved victory

9. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:)...i am not a F1 fan..:p:

10. anirban.d.das

anirban.d.das New Member

if 31 teams didnt get their football studs delivered on time do u think brazil would say we want the cup or do u think they would agree to a compromise?

11. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

who knows but if we play barefoot then india will win.... :beer: :beer:

12. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

the two sitiations are totally different !!
    if u play without studs the player woudnt die
    where as driving with a inferior tyre at such high speed will
    result in a near certain death !! ask ralf and he'll tell u

13. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

Ferrari and their tyre supplier Bridgestone were, for example, quite right to ask why they should be penalised for Michelin's error

14. shsnawada

One big question to F1 fans: WHAT THE HELL IS FUN ABOUT F1?

15. anirban.d.das

anirban.d.das New Member

watchin cars at 300+ kmph
    overtaking at hairs breadth
    what more do u want?

16. shsnawada

Do you ever, feel the speed? acceleration?
    When cars arent made to go to that speed, thats when the real fun comes in.
    Those roads are made for 300+kmph, those cars are expensive, unreal and useless. Nascar is much better. Le Mans 24hour race is much better. Risks exist in those races: You must have seen the merc 1999 accident thereBetter take your car and take it to its top speed, somewhere on narrow, bumpy roads with open windows. The suspesion would evapourate but still youll have more fun..

17. tejas

tejas ..........

Not all the tracks are "made" for 300+kmph. There a lot of street tracks like Monaco and Albert Park, which are essentially a part of the city roads. And just because you don't like something it doesnt mean you have to spoil it for others who like it. You like Fear Factory, I don't like them, so am I to start dissing them??

18. shsnawada

Its not that i'm dissin f1 'just because i dont like it'. Could everybody agree that fuel efficiency is the single most important issue in modern automotive industry? Why then are companies like renault and honda spending money on f1 (which for most of the time they dont even win)? Any f1 technology (which is excellent) comming into today's renaults?
    This is economics and practicality not personal tastes.
    For a 'better' F1 though, they could put a max rpm limit for more efficiency.

19. tejas

tejas ..........

You clearly don't watch F1. Renualt not winning? Where have you been?? And every bit of development they make is applied to the your road car. Limiting the rpm would ruin it, in my opinion. And being a part of Formula 1 is an honour for most car manufacturers. Its an elite group and believe me it helps sales. So, its not all going waste, and I still believe its personal tastes.

20. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

F1 is a very technical game to watch...u have to know the intricasies in the car mechanisms to appreciate what the guys r doing...like the fuel mass to body mass ratio and number of pitstops to take...and...all ...lot of strategy is involved....and finally it's a team effort rather than just the driver...:)

And yeah...I hate Ferrari...they betrayed the spirit of competition by falling for some points...:(