Fernandes and greco guitars from japan. any comments?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fenderscottster, Apr 27, 2007.

1. fenderscottster

fenderscottster New Member

Hi guys,

anyone had comments on the Fernandes and greco guitars from japan? I heard they are very good. any owners here? :)

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I played a Fernandes about 15 years ago, It was a neck thru butt ugly gat but to this day it stands out as one of the three Best guitars I've ever played. If I had the money then I'd have bought it despite its "weird" look, Even my Dad thought it was weird looking and trust me he's from another planet when it comes to taste. If they're still made like back then I say "BUY IT!" You will struggle to find a better made guitar.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Guitars made in japan are the best you can find........IMO tho

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ You're an ESP Whore (tm)

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Im not aiming only at ESP Japan.....Fender Japan makes some good shit! So does most other Japanese factories

6. thehundredthone

Laney the spokesman for everything gear related except Ibanez! :p:

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I like the 2007 ibanez lineup...cus i heard Ibanez actually did some research and found what people like and want before making it.

8. thehundredthone

Oh, the injustice all this time! :p:

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

LOL , its true. The guitars are said to be more comfortable etc now. I want to try some of their warrior copies!

10. yazi

yazi Banned

Stop picking on the kid. :grin:

11. daviosmatt

daviosmatt New Member

Fernandez and Greco are great guitars made in Japan. I love those Japan guitars. They are very well made and value for money. If you can find one, get them! I own a fernandez strat. Its as good as or better than many american strat I had tried. :)

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Im not a kid...LOLZ, im gonna be like 16 in december (owned myself)

Anyone seen those Greco Zemattis guitars? Which moron on earth would play one of those? Other than ZakkWylde (respect) ....Hes the only guy ive seen playing one...

13. thehundredthone

Does anyone here have a Fernandez?

14. daviosmatt

daviosmatt New Member

Zemattis guitars are good and they are very very expensive. prepare to spend at least US6K for the cheapest model.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I know, the are ghastly..............................and expensive...id settle for a Jackson custom shop or if i had more an ESP custom shop

16. yazi

yazi Banned

Tell me about it... :cry1:

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I got some nice Jackson Custom Shop Snakeskin paintjob pics...they are hot...oh shit...i owe u S and SA seriies pics