Fender Strat pack

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Saptashaw, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Can anyone please tell me if Squire Stratocasters are sold in India as Strat packs, I mean do they give a Fender amp with the guitar for a total of about 13K. I saw the Strat pack funda on the net, but I don't know if they give the amp also or just the guitar here in India.

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

squir strat + fender amp for 13k?
    i seriously have my doubts buddy

3. red octane

red octane The shredzophenic!

yup.....they cost about 12.5k...

you get a squier strat,fender amp(I think 10 watts) then a strap,picks,and a learners guide to the guitar,a bag,and I think a tuner too....

Heard it aint too good thoguh,checked out a few reviews.....theu guitar is supposed to be of okkkay quality...

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Yeah i think Onstage has them .

5. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Thanks Alfons and Red Octane. Far as I've heard, it's the best guitar for the price. I read the reviews too. Quite a lot of them infact. They all seemed to be comparing it with the original strats. Now, then would you expect a fair review?

6. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Is the amp good? I mean, is it good for home playing?

7. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

no...they sell squier bullet with the squier amp in thepack. don't go for that...

Saptashaw likes this.
  8. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

What would you mean by that? I mean, I am really ignorant about these stuff. Would you please explain? What good amp will I get for 5K. Please don't say Stranger.

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

u can get a marshall for 5k. i think its good

Saptashaw likes this.
  10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya u get strat pack at onstage for 12.5k

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

You could get a Squire strat + a second hand Marshall MG15 for around 15 - 16K.

A few ppl on this forum itself are selling MG's.

12. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

I am not planning on buying anytime soon. Only after getting a job.

I prefer clean tones to distortion, most of the time. Should I go for Fender or Marshall?

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    We are definitely not talking about Tube Marshall or Mesa/Boogie amps, where you might be a bit apprehensive about the clean channel.

All solid state amps have wonderful clean channel.
    The fact that makes one amp sweeteer sounding than other is it voicing (internal EQ).

Some might prefer Marshall, some Fender. Its all personal opinion in solid state amp case.

Saptashaw likes this.
  14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Thanks to all of you!! Can you please tell me what are my choices of amp within Rs. 8000/- and their feedbacks?

15. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Marshall MG30DFX.....cant really go wrong with this one. :beer:

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@double click: do you have the mg30dfx?

if you do, do you use the OD channel on your amp? or do you plug in your fx into clean channel direct?

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ I dont have an MG.... However I have played quite a few MG's and they are in my opinion the best amps u can get in India for that price.

The OD channel can be great or useless.. depends on how you use it. It sounds very warm and natural. Good for rock, not for metal....although shredder tones are easy to get.

Different ppl have different opinions on this amp... many hate it so u ought to check it out for yourself. The thing is u have to really tweak it (esp the eq) to geta good tone.

The only other option (I dont consider stranger to be an option) is to check out Roland's Cube series. They have a lot more features than the Marshalls BUT they sound very digital to my ears and I dont like em.

BTW did u'r brother sell the beast yet?

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^^To me the overdrive on the MG sounds OK, it is natural and dynamic but a bit thin for me(could be due to the fact that I'm used to the Silver Dragon, which has a huge bass thump).
    I feel the cleans could be ,well, cleaner.Better speakers may do the trick.EQ options provided are pretty useful.
    +1 on the Cube, sounded digital and distant to me.
    My vote goes to the MG.
    It would be good if someone came out in the market with a basic clean EQuable SS amp with good 10''/12'' speaker(Ok Rondalls dont count:p:..as the public has no access)

19. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ ^^ True.. the cleans on the Mg arent great. U could chk out the Brand X amps for that. I've been told they're decent.

+1

20. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@Double Click: no he hasn't, not yet anyway

well i did try out a marshall mg15cdr once, it sounded alright to me at the time.

i was looking for an amp i could use for home practice and for jamming, ie it shouldn't need high volume to sound the guitar properly. i was told that a 50W amp wouldn't be able to put out a proper sound at lower volumes, so i was considering a 30-40W one. its the difference of 10" and 12" speakers than the wattage really.