Fender Squire Affinity Series Stratocaster - Opinion Wanted

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jayesh_diu123, Jan 18, 2007.

1. jayesh_diu123

jayesh_diu123 New Member

Hello Friends
    does anyone here own a Fender Squire Affinity Series Stratocaster
    electric guitar?
    can you tell whats your opinion of that Guitar?
    also can you tell me where you bought it from and the price you bought it at?

Plz reply me friends..
    Thanks and Regards :)

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I think most people are gonna tell you its a good guitar. Heard lots of good things about it. i , Myself dont own one so i cant give u hardcore details...

3. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hey whats the difference between a fender and a fender squire???

4. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Squire is the budget brand of Fender. Like Gibson's Epiphone and Esp's LTD.

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Squire are nice.... The Squire AFFINITY is sttill a budget guitar from affinity.. So you have a budget of a budget... but a good guitar...

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

As is the case with all squiers, make sure you play 10 before you pick one. And if you pick a good one, you can use it long. The standard series comes in alder, which is the same as used in fenders, I think the affinity ones use basswood, which is again not bad. If you pick one with a good neck and action, a change of pickup at a later date can keep you going for years. Speaking from experience here. I own a squier myself, and i changed the bridge pickup to a SD quarter pounder, and it rocks.

jocelyn likes this.
  7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have a Squier Standard Strat loaded with Lace Sensor Hot Gold Set pickups.....I just love it......It gives a nice smooth tone something like Jeff Beck......The only issue is the tuning stability which makes life a little miserable.....I changed the nut last week and hoping the tuning issues wont be a issue anymore....i might change the bridge to an orginal Floyd Rose sometime.....

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

A wilkinson bridge with locking tuners will work out way better in my opinion. Now it'll really be a jeff beck guitar.

jocelyn likes this.
  9. ronnieanand

I didn't want the guitar to sound like Jeff Beck....that was sheer coincidence........Wilkinson Bridge is a good option too.........All I am looking is some really stable tremelo bridge for it......

10. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

how bout just trying locking tuners and see how stable it gets before thinking of changing the bridge. I'm dying to get that done too. Wanna use the tremolo like a vibrato like SRV without losing tune or like blackmore.

11. ronnieanand

Blackmore's useage of tremolo is very wild.....I seriously wonder how it stayed in Tune especially when he plays solos like Black Night......:shock:

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Weren't u like, the head cheerleader for fixed bridges around here?

13. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^lolololol

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Very WELL SAID DUDE...
    The actual problem with going of tune with a tremelo lies at the NUT.. you have a good nut, then even a VINTAGE bridge will work well... However.. the Wilkinson is an EXCELLENT design... This is the Bridge I am paning to use on my Custom AXE

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

WELL SAID... The Affinity uses AGATHIS....though they might be using Basswood in some models....However Basswood is a better tone wood.

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

can we get wilkinsons anywhere around here?

17. ronnieanand

I still am a big fan of Fixed Bridge and primarily Tune-o-matic....I wanted a tremolo bridge 'cos my Squier already has a tremolo bridge and it's kinda unstable :annoyed:

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

*no one answered my question* Ive been dying to put a wilkinson on my strat ccopy...

19. ronnieanand

You wont get Wilkinson here.......Get it down from the US.......

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yup it is sad WIlkis are not available out here. IMO they are probably the best tremelo bridges.. They also have variations in their bridges.... I know I want a wilki.