Fender Mustang I

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maven, Dec 4, 2011.

1. maven

maven New Member

Can anyone tell me whether the Fender Mustang I is a good beginner's amplifier? And where I can buy it in bangalore?

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Soundglitz, Reynolds - Brigade road
    Furtados, Aruna Musicals - Koramangala
    Veena Musicals - Jayanagar
    Check these shops... there might be other shops as well but i m not aware of them..

3. maven

maven New Member

I've checked in Furtados, Soundglitz and Reynolds and they don't have it..One of the shopkeepers at Rhythm Musicals told me that it isn't available in Bangalore!!

4. theghost

theghost New Member

5. deepsal

deepsal New Member

Get the vypyr 15 instead its better than mustang

6. maven

maven New Member

bajaao guys said they can only deliver after jan 2nd week...
    deepsal- hav u tried the mustang??

7. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Dude trust deepsal on this and go with the vypyr 15. I own one and it kicks as#. I havent played a mustang but from all the reviews and threads i have read, the vypyr is way better. Best thing is to go play em and try em out!

8. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

i tried the Mustang series over the weekend..It was OK..

9. aparajit 909

aparajit 909 New Member

mustang 1 is absolutely kickass... If you can find it, go for it definitely. Or if confused, roland cube 20x is best deal for you.

10. rahul_up87

rahul_up87 New Member

mustang1 is definately very good if you are a beginner and are confused what kind of sound you want/need...it has built in 8 amp models from pure vintage to metal & the biggest advantage being the ability to hook it up to a pc and add/ download new models and rack effects and stompboxes(something like guitar rig). I have been using it for 6-7 months :)

11. hawk128

hawk128 New Member

Can somebody tell me the current market price of Mustang 1 ; bajaao says only 7.4k !

12. amithkallupalam

Dude before you buy it, Go try the vypyr 15 out too! Im sure you'll like it! You wont be able to add any more stuff or anything but you will be able to get the tone you want from it!

13. rahul_up87

rahul_up87 New Member

it is available for 7k at onstage...they are main distributors for fender

14. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

where's onstage..? ..hey that the owner of the rhythm shop is a big liar. ..i guess you're talking about that fat black ass...he only has zar,marshalls,roland...and ibanez,cort...any nearby music shop in basavanagudi

15. venkat9179

venkat9179 New Member

Not sure if you picked it up yet...mustang 1 is a decent practice amp, is pretty versatile in terms of the range of sounds you might want, and has a good vintage amp modelling. On-stage is a Fender dealer in India. Go try it out with your guitar. and as aparajit 909 says the Roland 20XL is a great amp. Though it may be slightly more expensive, give that a shot too!
    Onstage is at Shop#128 Brigade Road Southern Portion, Phone: 080 22115300/301 They work all seven days 10 am to 8 pm

Cheerio

"I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie missed on both counts, but I never noticed" - B.B.King

Guitar: Ibanez GRG 170 DX/ Epiphone LP Std
    Amps and Cab: Roland Cube 15X (For Sale), hoping to get a Valvetronix soon!, Vox AC-30 Amplug
    Pedals: BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver, Zoom G1XN (For Sale)
    Others: GarageBand, Audacity
    YTA: GFS FAT Boutique Overwound pickups

16. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

i guess they are martin dealers of india...(onstage)...dunno about fenders

17. amithkallupalam

Go check out the vypyr! No one in IGT suggests the vypyr for heavy metal players! It is the best amp in that price range and it is amazing!! It kicks ass!

18. sukrit777

sukrit777 New Member

all of you who think mustang aint good.....go and read the expert reviews online...i own a mustang II and its tone is flawless ...i can play from blues to metal to country ...just amazing...The USB feature perfect for home recording and editing all the presets on the amp....anyway all i would like to say is FENDER vs PEAVEY ...anyday fender!Its a class apart!

19. amithkallupalam

20. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I recently purchased the vypyr 75, and tonally it is better than the fender, plus the effects on the mustang series are all digital whereas the vypyr series has analog stompboxes and this leads to an overall less digital sound and more like the amp it is trying to emulate. Plus the vypyr has better control over the tone as is because you can tweak the effects on two parameters and the reverb and delay are separate. True the mustang has the usb thing but seriously would you want to keep a laptop or a computer with you always while playing and i personally think being able to tweak on the amp itself is better.