Fender - Fat Strat & A Standard Strat

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Forget fender for a while (Check out my new choices)

Hi guys m back again with the final choice of mine.
    Yeah i m buyin a Fender now.
    But i wud like to check out the Fender FAT Strat. I saw one on Bajaao.com which was priced 32K. According to my knowledge the only difference between the real and the fat one is the Humbucker.
    What other differences are there? Why the price range was just 32K
    Wud it b a good option??

The other option is JAPAN made Fender Stratocaster ST54-100LS. which i will ordering from ISHIBASHI. its approximately 40K

what do u guys suggest??

giv me some more details on FAT STRATS?? are they worth or just like Mexican Strats????

Check out the Bajaao.com link.
    https://www.bajaao.com/fender-standard-fat-strat-electric-guitar-p-3524.html

2. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

you answered the question yourself...the only difference is the humbucker.

when u switch to the bridge pickup, you'll find a thick humbucker type tone with their characteristic features - more sustain, thick saturated tone, higher output, low noise etc etc whereas the single coil will give u a more sharp and searing tone..lot of people prefer having a SSH combination because it gives them more versatility but its upto you...i have a SSS Mexican strat and i prefer the sound of single coils over humbuckers anyday so its mainly upto individual choice.
    oh and btw david gilmour(pink floyd), jimi hendrix, clapton, jeff beck, mark knopfler all had SSS strats :)

i would suggest u buy a guitar which u can try out first because u could end up with a dud. Japan made guitars are known to be very well-made though. there's nothing like getting to try and pick one of them up. they'll be better than a mexi strat. but i really prefer trying out a guitar before buying it.
    one of my friends asked someone to get him a strat from the states but it turned out to be a badly made one with some manufacturing faults.

you just have to weigh your risks out and choose your option

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i would say it all comes comes down to personel taste... i prefer the fat warm tone of a humbucker over a single coil.. i would say tht u try both of them and see which one suits you better...

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nd my 500th post :cheers:

5. mymusicmyguitar

Real big problem yaar. the shops over here at mumbai dont hav a choice in fender strats. The American fenders that i have seen in most of the shop over here are for 53K(out of my budget).

I am getting a 2nd fender standard strat for 35K. The guy told me that he had bought it for 45K. It is aprroximately 2 years old. Its in a good condition. Wud it b a good deal??
    Any suggestions??

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Bro, that cannot be said without pictures. Upload em.

7. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

yeah pics would be important. if its an American strat then its a damn good deal i'd say.

if you want to try out options, there's Onstage Music Factory here in Delhi which has like 10-12 strats(including fat strats) to choose from. you can try out a lot of guitars that way and im sure u'll find one to your preference

8. mymusicmyguitar

Yup i wil surely upload the pics once i get to see the strat again. The guys who wants sell the guitar is gone out of town for god knows how many days....as soon as he comes back i will Upload the pics...........
    Just 10k Less after 2 years........GOOD OR BAD???? yeah right answer this question once i show u the pics ;-)

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Dude, guitars are not like cars. You don't expect one to come for half the price if its second hand. And 10k is a heck good deal if alls well with the baby.

Regarding On Stage, they have their HQ in Mumbai. So, I am guessing better stock. But you might wanna give Delhi Onstage a try. Jasbeer is delightful.

10. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

QFT. When will people understand this??!! :mad:

@mymusicmyguitar: I've heard good things about MIJ Fenders too. Look out for reviews on other websites like harmony-central, etc.

11. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

^^still no buyers for ur BC rich copy eh? :p:

if it helps ease the pain, i sold off everything and am now buying a Laney LC15R tube amp with reverb :) :)

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

^^Aww man, u are one lucky dog.

13. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

And hey I saw an Idol somewhere, its urs 100th?

14. thehundredthone

Yes it's mine.

If it helps aggravate the pain it's not a true tube amp and I laugh in your face!

[size=-5]Please someone buy the guitar![/size]

15. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

You should try removing the copy word.

16. mymusicmyguitar

I wil definitely check out the OnStage Guitar shop if its there in mumbai. do u know the address?? I will try to search on the net as well.......I wud definitely love to check out the guitars over there at Delhi...but man delhi door hai :))............anyways i wil check On Stage....;-)

17. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

err..what?!

Power RMS 15 Watts
    Inputs Hi & Lo Jacks
    Channels 1
    Equalisation Bass, Middle, Treble
    Bright Switch Yes
    Preamp Valves Premium ECC83
    Output Valves Premium EL84
    Class Class A / B
    Reverb Yes
    Line In Yes
    Footswitch FS1 (Not included)
    Speaker connections Jack
    FX Loop(s) Yes
    Drivers 1x 10" Celestion Tube 10
    Weight 11.5 Kg

and its not a true tube amp because...?

18. mymusicmyguitar

Yessssss!!!!!! got the address of ONStage Guitar Shop...They have fenders over there as per mentioned on the site......i wil go and check them out on this Weekend.
    Address: J 404, V.P. Road, Congress House, Mumbai - 400004

19. thehundredthone

Because a few years from now the tubes will wear out and then you won't have a replacement!!

No, I thought you were buying the bajaao hybrid amp. Nice find, how much are you getting it for? And where from?

20. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

haha! and which tube amp DOESNT have its tubes wear out in a few years :p:
    trying to undermine my joy! hah! i had the last laugh! muahahahha!
    oh and tubes can be sourced from some online sites which warren(ex zero) reccommended like www.dougstubes.com and tallkien mentioned that theyre also available in chandni chowk!! so im not really worried about that

the bajaao hybrid?!! EEEEWWWW!!! come on man! have some respect for me!

im getting it from furtados, mumbai for about 20k(MRP is at 24 but i got some contacts there :) )...its available for about 190 pounds in UK so i guess its not that bad a deal.

Feel happy for me bugger!