Female Vocalist looking for band

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Bicuspidspice, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Bicuspidspice

Bicuspidspice New Member

Hey ya'll
    I just found this place. i'm actually looking for musicians from Pune. I'm open to all genres of music, and prefer vocalists ranging from Evanescence, Avril Lavigne, Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera (If you watched her on the Grammy's yes'day you'd understand) My voice is contralto and i am currently getting vocl training and hope to do my sixth grade in Vocals this October.
    I'm hoping to get some exposure to performing and hopefully also do a few shows. prctice makes perfect and i strongly believe in that.

the only criteria that is this most important is you should be passionate about music, professional and flexible. be broad minded about experimenting, it can be so much fun.
    I hope this gets a positive response.....

Music makes the world go round...
    Peace Out

AK

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

what kinda stuff do u play/listen/want to sing..?

ever heard Cristina Scabbia??

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My my, what a bad luck you have. :p
    I am not in Pune.
    but there are some ppl here from there.

and remove your email - aah it doesnt matter, the MODs will eventually.

Cheers and hope to listen to some of your stuff.

4. Bicuspidspice

Bicuspidspice New Member

havent heard of Cristina Scabbia. what kind of music does she do? I dont have a specific preference although nowadays i m trying to do a few evanescence numbers. i love amy's vocals. plus Kelly clarkson also has a strong voice. if i was to pick out a pattern, it would be women with strong voices. i also like sarah mclaughlin and alanis morisette. i usually prefer having acoustic acompaniment.

5. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

man.....we needed a female voc, but im in mumbai.....also we aint profeesionsl though..but we could have atleast jammed up.....hmm...ne plans of shifting base to mumbai....pingme then...

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Scabbia is the female in my avatar. She sings for a band called Lacuna Coil.

hmm...are u into Janis Joplin??

anyway, for strong voices listn to Angela Gossow of Archenemy.

7. Bicuspidspice

Bicuspidspice New Member

i'll look into them. um, i wish i was in bbay too, but hey. hopefully someone surfaces in Pune. otherwise, i'm drivin down for a session with you'll.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

* tsk tsk *

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

i think you should buy a DR cd :)

10. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^ hehe,....

Hey Bicuspidspice.... me in pune, can play acoustic to some extent, but can get u connected to some neat players,....

If u wanna chk out my recordings,... goto www.sounclick.com/akkyy

Add me up on messengers wenevr u get time,.. me online at nite,.. after 10.

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Yeah, listen to her. That might add a whole new dimension. hehe.