Feedback on Furtados

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dhim, Oct 6, 2005.

1. dhim

dhim New Member

I just had a talk with Furtados guys. They were very warm and receptive. They have invited me for a demo this saturday for all of their guitars. I think that was very nice. I definately recommend Furtados to everyone. Please post your good and bad experiences with Shops/People you've had while buying guitars.

Regards,
    DHiM

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

glad u found them helpful :beer:

other than furtados i havnt been to many shops much....just some local shops in Prabhadevi...where I live.

3. Varunendra

Varunendra New Member

Furtados!

Furtados is good shop definately specially the way people treat u and deal with u.It would be better if there would be more spacing between the instruments though.Other shops like Sardarflute and Sigh instruments are there near santacruz.I bought my accoustic guitar from Sardarflute and they also seem really nice people!!
    Varun

4. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

I think being 'warm and receptive' cannot be a criterion for judging a music shop as 'nice' :p:
    If they are warm and nice and they give you a bad deal, is that ok?
    I think even if they are rude and frank it is quite alright as long as they give the customer an HONEST deal :)

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

lol very much right...but being warm and receptive are the basic principles on CRM...so they have to be :p:..

6. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

Furtados guys are really nice...i went to Bhargavas and the old guy wasnt really...i dunno...i mean i wouldnt say nethin against sum1 i dunno tht well but les jus say i din enjoy my stay thr.Btw im planning to put up the Furtados price list on IGT very very soon...say probably by end of next week so watch out for it...tc! :)

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

all furtados staff (bx n lh) are really helpful n gr8!.....i often go there to check out new guitars!.....a few of them in lh recognize me very well!:grin:

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I had a bad experience with Furtadoes...

I had ordered an Adapter for my Digitech processor which needed 1.3 Amps. They told me they'll make it and it will be done and I can collect it next week same day. For 3 weeks i called them, sometimes they would put me on hold for 15 minutes and sometimes they said the guy responsible for all this isn't around here...call sometimes later.

I didn't like their boss (fair, short with fake accent...) coz i couldn't believe when he said "Dont support Outside product buy it from India...here itself!". WTF...my guitar which came for 18k could have been sold by you at 26k+...oh no, you dont even have that kinda guitars to sell....

however, The other guys like shelton are nice...look for them if you wanna do something.

Bhargavas is good but the old man....is kinda irritating. You should talk to Ashish or Birjesh...they are good, nice and very helpful.

My thoughts: If you are buying Electronics (especially guitar related items...) Furtadoes has loads of variety. However, Bhargavas has very nice collection of acoustics and Casios too. Bhargavas is a official Ibanez dealer in India.

9. .:VinAY:.

ya i kno abt Bhargavas being the official Ibanez dealers in India...if im not wrong then the costliest guitar they have is the Steve Vai series @ 100,000 INR(!!!)

10. dhim

dhim New Member

folks 2morrow I will be at furtados... Will get back on the experience and the guitar that I buy.

Cheers
    DHiM

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I much prefer Bhargav's to Furtado's... maybe it's due to the fact that Simal in Bhargav's always there to help me...

Can't say the same bout Furtado's...

12. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

^ isin't that silman? anyway, whoever he is, yeah, he's pretty helpful...

13. .:VinAY:.

hes the guy with long hair i think

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

omg.........no no not bhargavas........i once went there n was trying fender telecaster......and this wierdo guy is keep on looking at me and asking "haan, tho pack kar doon kya?!":annoyed:
    the space is so less:annoyed:..........btu the guitars there....some of them are really gr8!......like i never seen fender telecaster in furtados!

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I think it doesn't matter which place you are at...What matters is the person whom you reach out for help.

16. .:VinAY:.

I think it shud be the other way around :)

17. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ok i have dealt with both furtados and bhargavs on numerous occaisions - sometimse coming along with some of you to check out stuff - or to buy stuff for myself. - heres the deal:

furtados - honest shop. decently friendly people. sometimes bad service due to lots of people being in the store. again i go there often and hence they don't mind taking out their good stuff. as far as i know - theyll take out their good stuff for anyone who seems like a decent chap.

bhargavas at metro - the old mans kinda strange - but i like him. hes again - honest and easy to deal with. i get pissed off with him cause he never manages to get the plectrums that i want - but again - if he trusts you - hell let you try out most of the good stuff in the store.

18. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Old man? I have never noticed any old man there and from what you're saying I think its a good thing. The guy I have met is very nice (don't know his name). Whenever I have walked in he has asked me what I was looking for even if that meant taking time off from the guy he was already talking too. I always go there nowadays.

The problem with furtados is that they make you wait. They are under-staffed and there are always 10000 people who are in the shop. If buying a pack of strings takes 30 minutes then I don't wanna go there anymore