Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by guitar_man, Jul 17, 2006.

1. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

I am new to this forum.I have noticed in the last few days that a lot of people are confused where to start learning guitar from?I was lucky to have a good teacher. So I'm always in favour of this that one should learn from a teacher.I learned many things myself afterwards (As I was busy in day to day routine and could not go to a teacher) but I can tell you from my experience that had I gone to a teacher for those things I could have learned them quickly and correctly.Sometimes you tend to understand the lessons/TABs differently when doing it without the help of a teacher.

So lets hear what all have to say about this?How many of you went to a teacher and for how many months.Were you satisfied with the teacher if not then why?And how many have learned of their own and are they satisfied or have some regrets.

The answers to this will help the beginners a lot.So your honest feedback is invited.

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

man i went two months to a teacher to learn what a guitar is(just two days a week)and then did from ralph denyer guitar book

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No teacher (atleast) till now.
    :cry1:

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Learnt from a teacher for the first 4 months .. I think it helps a lot provided the teacher is good .. because all your doubts are cleared instantly just by reaching him ..

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

im learning from sonam sherpa.........well not him everyday....but frm his skool

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I first took 2 months to learn the ropes (Or should I say strings? lol) from Mr. Deepak Castellino. Then, I took monthly (no, really!) class by him...for one month. Location problem...he taught at Alaknanda, and I live in Pataparganj (IP Extension) Now, I'm teaching myself (www.ultimate-guitar.com www.indianguitartabs.com and an old book by <I'll let you know>) with feedback and irregular classes from Mr Santosh Shrivastav, who is the guitar guru at National School Of Drama (NSD). So process is- I practice songs, and ask him for additional chords/techniques as they come by. He comes whenever he's free, and teaches me the required. Insubstantial, but flexible. He suggests me going to Delhi School Of Music (DSM) or Young Mens Christian Association (YMCA). I would say the same, too. (Face it, online tutorials are really bad at correcting your techniques, though a tad bit helpful at time and convenience)
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

7. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e &lt;3V/S&lt;3 50 CeNt$

still learning on my own

8. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Learnt by myself for the first few months. Tried learning, rather. Then I felt the need for a teacher and have been taking classes since March 2005 from first a senior, then my classmate. I find it real helpful. Since my friend(teacher) and I have common musical interests, it helps a lot as he can guide me almost completely.

9. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

Thanks for the feedback.Please keep it coming.More responses will help us all.

10. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

I learnt guitar on my own with the help of few friends......the question remains how much i know......you can learn to play chords and stuff on your own ...but at one stage it feels like u r stuck and thats the time that u need a teacher.

i am planning to join some classes or get a teacher now

11. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i had one for abt a month initially..

12. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

had been goin to a teacher for 4-5 mnths ..i found it helpful. Now if at all i have some clarification to make ... people like ansh are online teachers :)

13. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

More inputs will be welcome.

14. xtremes19

xtremes19 New Member

still learning on my own...but sometimes feel may be a good teacher can help to quicken the learning
    xtremes
    :rock:

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

no teacher.

but i definitely need one :eek::

16. chatty_arko

chatty_arko New Member

i had joined a class for 2 months bt i thought i cud learn more thru net so i left d class n i have done shows 2 without ne proper class u can say

17. vssadithya

vssadithya New Member

Hi !

HI , all
    This is the first time i am joining the forum . I am really excited to see lot of young talent here. I am very happy that i will be part of you all !
    This forum is really one of the best i have seen ,
    Its really awesome !
    pleasure to join the community !

18. vssadithya

vssadithya New Member

Chords Please !!!

Can Anyone tell me the chords and tabs of Lucky ali song --
    " Mein hoon pyaar ka Musafir " --
    Thanks in advance

19. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Requests in new threads please.

20. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

i went 2 a teacher 4 d 1st few months ...