Feature Request for IGT, Tell us what you want

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 29, 2004.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Feature Request for IGT

We would like to know your views on how to make IGT better. If you think there was something missing and which would be useful to all the members here...let us know.

We really appreciate your input on this. We would begin the work towards an upgrade after we reach "1000 members", which is not very far away.

So please give us some feedback!

ADMIN

2. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

Features

Hey Admin.

Overall I'd say that the site is pretty much up and functional and has much more than bare essentials; but a few accessories could complement well:

a. Basic Chatroom of some sort
    (Might take time though)

b. Some more smilies (!)

c. Sort of newsletter (weekly/fortnightly) to update members on active and hot threads

Well these would be some (although low-priority) goodies that might be useful.

Keep up the good work.

Enjoy,
    Sushant

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Finally someone was willing to spare his/her "precious time". Sushant all your points are valid and useful, they are noted and will be given shape. Thank you for your time.

ADMIN

4. Redalert

Redalert New Member

how about a,b,c,d listing of tabs and lyrics?

5. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

A, B, C, D listing

Hey that's right ABCD listing would be very good. However this isn't a tab archive so it'll be difficult to collect all the tabs here and organize them into an entire colection. We could have letterwise sorting in each forum (say mainly Hindi/Pak/English tabs) and also if this needs to work there could be a field or something in each post to signify whether the post contains tab or just some discussion.

Just my Imagination ;)
    Sushant

6. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

i agree about the abcd organizing of tabs...it would be very helpful...if there is anyway i can help just tell me by private messenger or on this thread b/c i check this site atleast twice a day.

~priya:)

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Alphabetical listing of guitar chords and tabs is already in the works. Transferring data would be the tricky part though, well we will think of something...eventually. Meanwhile keep the ideas pouring.

P.S Priya...thank you very much for your help, i shall contact you when the need arises.

ADMIN

8. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

ok...sounds great!

9. Taj

Taj New Member

hey i think there should be no chatroom m8's cause this will automatically result in low number of posts, people will post less,
    they'll discuss all the points while chatting !
    :)

10. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

yep

Hey yeah Taj's got a point...

(But then Taj we'll go on posting and nobody'll compete with us!)

11. Taj

Taj New Member

Lol
    welcome m8 !
    mind telling us abt u ???

12. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

lol...yea uve gotta point....

13. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

contest???prizes:)

14. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

Thanks Taj...
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=775

15. FinalPhase

FinalPhase New Member

how about a section with tutorials and the members can submit their own work and they get points or something for it.

16. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, articles and tutorials section can be made...provided members of IGT volunteer to write a few articles/tutorials. Anybody interested in writing articles/tutorials/Tips/Tricks or anything else, please send me a pm.

17. scot_hacker

scot_hacker New Member

IGT now has 1000 members!!!

Great job, everyone.

18. Redalert

Redalert New Member

WOHOOO, GO IGT!!!:nw:

19. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey Admain,

The sites very good and functioning well,ikinda agree with gradin the tadds as A B C D but the current one also is pertty good.

just one request
    Need to increase the attachment size limit..its too small man.

Vijay
    :cool:

20. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I will see, what can be done about this.