Father and Son - Cat Stevens - Cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jozko, Sep 7, 2006.

1. jozko

jozko Banned

My cover of another touching Cat song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Wd6-QPTlQ video + audio on youtube short and streaming media. Do watch. More details there.

keywords - Yusuf Islam Yusaf acoustic guitar cover song intro strum strumming pattern chords

2. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

nice work man .. plus i luv Youtubing :)
    bro i have one request as i am a cat fan .. if you can cover Seasons in the Sun by Cat Stevens .. i'll be reallt glad.
    thankx
    Keep Rocking.

3. jozko

jozko Banned

thx bleeding. Good to see a Cat fan. I was surprised not to find from the responses here. i have posted 3 cat songs here till now. Moonshadow, Lady D'arbanville and Father and Son.

Although I could be wrong, as far as I know "seasons in the sun" is not a Cat song. Quoting from https://www.artistfacts.com/detail.php?id=37

"Cat Stevens didn't write or sing 'Seasons in the Sun'. Terry Jacks wrote it. Cat Stevens was a much better songwriter than that!"

So is "Cat's in the Cradle" Both are beautiful songs and often linked with Cat in discussions.

I will try to learn both and post. Do U post on youtube? What's ur ID? Sharing videos makes learning faster for self learners like me. I mean strumming chords finger position etc. thx and rgds

4. Bleeding Guitar

oh is that so ... thankx alot man for letting me know yea i did the search on it and ur ryte .. thats a reall nice link your gave for the information.. and yes i do youtubing and luv to learn whatever i can from there .. but havn't posted any of ma vdos there .. but will do soon for sure and will make sure to let you know where am at :)
    thankx again.

waiting for the song though.

5. jozko

jozko Banned

thx Bleeding, I also found these info through searching. I wait for ur youtube posts. And I will certainly try to learn "seasons". It is a fav of mine. thx for watching

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

wow..thats one of my few fave songs by yusuf islam.
    guitaring is good..but as always iL say ur singing needs improvement :)

7. Bleeding Guitar

hah one more fan here :) good to know man keep rocking..

8. jozko

jozko Banned

vivni good to know u like some cat songs. thx for watching and suggesting improvemets

@Bleeding again. I found some more info on Seasons.

quoting from https://www.superseventies.com/1974_3singles.html
    ""Seasons in the Sun" had been written in French in 1961 under the title of "Le Moribond" (The Dying Man), by Belgian poet-composer Jacques Brel."

What I understood is that Jacques Brel wrote it becos when was dying of cancer which listeners didn't knew then. Do check the link. Also sketch of Terry's career is given. It is an everlasting emotional song. thx to bring it up bleeding.

9. shivi0401

shivi0401 New Member

10. jozko

jozko Banned

Well done shivi!! really liked it. it's only take one n v good job. also father - son sound shift, i liked very much. nice guitaring. What a great song it is! just post more of your songs. rgds

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

@ Bleeding : Wats with using 2 id's?

@ jozko : I have heard a few of ur recordings, all r nice, though I think u need some josh man,..... all ur recordings just seem lil dull.

Hope u take it in a +ve way.

12. jozko

jozko Banned

Absoultely right akky. Honestly, I am more than happy just to be able to do this much. Unlikely to improve.
    In order not to disturb ppl next door, I make it even worse by going in still lower voice and avoiding plectrum. Works, I am still alive :-D Not suprisingly, some utube n kirk members spotted exact technical reason. awesome ppl!
    josh? gosh, man am 32 and lost all josh and hosh :-D. thx for watchin some, btw do u like Cat Songs? rgds

13. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

I dont like the song, Y ur neighbours mind it.... I mean once in a while, everyone makes a lil noise, n this is gooooooood noise. Anyways, accha hai.

14. Awesome job done joseph.... and i love your videos.... i havnt heard the original version but like your vocals in this song.. keep up the good work dude..

edit: reps reps reps

15. jozko

jozko Banned

16. ^ ya sure joseph.. :) need some help from you pm me when u r free..

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You've got a really nice strumming hand....and you've got the potential voice I think. It's sad that you won't be improving (for reasons you did not state).

I really like your hand movements in the video.

18. jozko

jozko Banned

thanks for watching bjr, appreciate your time

Infact I struggle with strumming, even more with a plectrum. I want to use and learn using it though. I am using thumb for the time being to strum and mostly fingerpicking. But I can use plectrum.

Personally I believe all voice are good, controlling it is probably the key. Some people dislike Mukesh's voice but like Rafi's, but i like both. Fateh Ali Khan's voice, I like, I know people who dislike. Another is Ila Arun. all awesome singers

My vocals in this are more what I believe as 'false vocals', because of my tendency while covering. Ronan Keating's cover sounds like his normal voice. I am not sure of technical things though. These articles will be interesting for those who're interested more. Those who like BeeGees voice don't miss these. Check links in that order
    1. https://www.musesmuse.com/art-vocalrelease1.html
    2. https://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/ms/2002/12/01/stories/2002120100040500.htm

19. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

you're amazing as usual.... great job!

20. jozko

jozko Banned

thanks DJ, u always motivate, Are you and Neil in my yahoo buddy list same person? Neil is in my list, but I always see that ID as busy. rgds