faster lead

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by zohaib, Nov 15, 2004.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Lead -Hard
    Rhythem riffs- Medium
    Rhythem -Soft
    This is my preference..
    You can play really fast once you learn alternate pickingand develo pit..

And definately moving your arm will not give you speed.. It may but its a compramise on Accuracy..
    :::::
    in some thread u saida jayanth playing lead could be made fast by alternate picking ............. well i can do alternate picking but whats else i shall do to make my lead mre faster like professionals
    any lesson
    teach me man plz
    gimme lesson tell mein techniques etc excersices plzzz

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

For speed - Legato, tapping, sweeping

For more professional sound - harmonics..

For good quality music - accuracy!

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whats develo pit??????

4. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

what is legato ??
    what is tapping
    what is sweeping ?? plz do tell me :(

and tht develop it ..develo pit :p

and this question to all what r harmonics ???? plz tell me in detail plz

5. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

i dont know anything aout tapping and sweeping :think:
    but in my opinion and the way ive been able 2 play some tones fast is if i practice them again and again. after wards it feels as though my fingers just know where the fret is :p:

6. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

any one else plz tell me
    sweeping
    tapping
    etc ...

7. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

sweeping and tapping

Not that I know all about this ... but both sweeping and tapping are quite difficult especially sweeping ... so what i would say from whatever I have learnt is that one should not even try to do these unless he is really good at playing ... and i mean REAL good ... :cool:

tapping : This is a guitar Technique in which we use the right hand for hammering and pull-offs in co-ordination with the left hand .. there are many variants of this technique and it would really help if you could watch some videos of Paul Gilbert or Joe Satriani - Always with me always with you ...

sweeping : This is a really difficult left hand technique where the right hand plays the strings like a chord while the left hand instead of holding a chord shape plays notes using hammer-ons ... its really difficult to get clarity in this ... again watching some videos like Paul Gilbert - Serrana Arpeggios or Jason Becker - Cacophony can help figuring what it is all about ... not necessarily helping you to play it ... :p:

hope that helps ... :beer:

8. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

can u tell me scaling patterns or saregama ???

c minor scaling is :-
    (root A string )

----|-----|---|---|-----|---------------------E
    ----|--c--|---|-*--|-*--|---------------------A
    ----|--*--|---|-*--|-*--|---------------------D
    ----|--*--|---|--c-|----|---------------------G

* = other notes

it has 8 notes which are
    sa c
    re *
    ga *
    ma *
    pa *
    da *
    ne *
    sa2 c

liek it became 1 pattern of saregama
    can u tell me all the patterns of c on the whole fretboard

9. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Scales and soloing ...

These are very important for you to develop speed and accuracy ... and there is a terrific post by jayanth in the guitar lessons, tips and tutorials forum :nw: ... its great as it includes some exercises as well so that you can practice ... :rock:

u can look that up ... i'm sure that would make things a lot easier ... :)

all the best :beer:

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Sweeping: its same as strumming...i mean to say....u have to strum but not like u do usually...u have to strum up and down...in a same way as u try to rub the blackboard wid a duster...hence the name "sweep". i cant put it in better words. and ur left hand instead on playing a chord...plays a note. its a very difficult process....since u have to hit the note as soon as u pluck dat string while strumming likewise u have to hit several notes. there is a video of paul gilbert doing sweeping check out in Kaz**.

Tapping: this is a technique...where u donot use to plectrum instead of dat use ur middle finger or index finger to "tap" on the fretboard and pluck a note. the tapping is done very fast....mostly used in solo. for example, metallica - one, kirks uses tapping at the start of the solo.