Fast or Melodious

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by m_waleed86, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Yeah but the time between The van halen era and when Lynch first appeared is not that big. I think Lynch was way ahead of his time.

2. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

someone told me once that van halen just plays air-guitar on stage,
    the track is pre-played and he just makes it appear taht he is playing live.

not that i believed him

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

eddie van halen? fastest? :shock: nowhere near. its correct he kick started the shred genre but he is nowhere near the fastest.

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

joe satriani is real gud.....his music goes tapping beyond imaginations.......real gud sense of rhythmn blended wid mystic sound!

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

yeps satriani is verstile in his composisition he can play evry stlye with melody.....

VH is the biggest guitarist of the 80`s

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

yeps satriani is verstile in his composisition he can play evry stlye with melody.....

VH is the biggest guitarist of the 80`s ...listen to the ERUPTION ...it really kicks a ss

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

the SONG is what matters..no matter how great a guitar player you are with amazing chops..and finger dexterity..if u cannot write memorable riffs,write good songs..u will still be a loser.

thats the reason eddie van halen and hendrix are rated highly..sure..there are technically greater players..but how many ppl have written songs and created riffs like them.

there will always be someone or the other playing faster....
    there are tons of guitar players who dont have an ounce of melodic sense when they are shredding..thats probably the reason many hate shred.
    ever wondered why i rate marty friedman so highly..its that very skill and ablilty to write melodic stuff even when playin technically tougher stuff..
    he knows that there are other instruments other than the guitar in his solo album efforts..giving space to other instruments too.

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

correct me if i'm wrong ..but wasnt EVH the first person to use tapping?

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thats ****e. Beleive me when this guy's playing you wont believe it's him but he does. Maybe he did that for some time cause he was suffering from CANCER (Yes he was) . He's recovering that's why he may not be able to do all the stuff. Plus he was a huge alcholic but he's left all that now and the result was the Balance album with Gary from the EXTREME.

10. sridhar11_2

No but he was the guy to use it in a rock context and popularise it.

11. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

the allegation is totally baseless..and im hearing it for the first time.
    he did suffer from oral cancer..but he has recovered..he did mention in one of his interviews that he was gonna kick cancer in the butt..when he was diagnosed..and he did..heh..
    and still why would people go for their concerts now..ive read reviews on forums on their recent tour..and almost everyone agrees that van halen is a shadow of a player he was before..but wtf..i dont think hes an artiste who will rip fans off...by instrument syncin.
    when he was suffering..i dont think they played any show live..

my mom just picked up van halen live without a net dvd from the states for me and m really excited to check it out now..its the famous 5150 tour now made in a dvd..awesome.

VAN HALEN is more of a live band..they are rock n roll...

@ alfons--no he wasnt the inventor..but he is one of the guys who developed it..many are gonna claim it you know...

12. sridhar11_2

@dharmatma : I said MAYBE cause i did'nt know if he faked it i thought it was a misunderstanding from him playing air guitar for a music video or something.
    The best performance i seen him in was when he played Eruption in some tour (i dont know) with Hagar.
    Next to that him with the instrumental version of Hot For Teacher in Les Paul Tribute.

You should really check out a video of him in SNL he's so candid and casual it seems like he's doing nothing but having fun.

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ i have that video of him in SNL..hehhehe..its awesome..hes soooo enjoyin his stuff u know.
    u just know when an artiste is enjoyin what hes playin..

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^agreed.....most of my fathers friends are fans of van halen!

15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

superb work in michael jacksons's "beat it".

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Tapping has been used right the 50s. But in the context of Rock Guitaring, EVH popularized tapping. Infact they are countless trick for which he is the innovator. He is the greatest innovator ever of modern electric guitar playing.

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

one of them Black sabbath or eddie van halen invented tapping techniques.

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I haven't come across a Black Sabbath song where Tony Iommi is tapping. EVH popularized it not invented it. He is an innovator is first put it to use for the first time the way it's played these days.

19. smoking guitar

smoking guitar Former rapper now rocker

van halens songs are the most overratted

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ tell me which songs have u heard.