Farenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by dimebag_dimebag, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

@ega, well there are no such words "being fair to Bush." cause, u can't be fair with bush when he has been so unfair with the citizens of this country....

2. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

well, i think kerry could have done a lot better than bush, if he was elected. but the freak, had to go talk about him bein in vietnam, Iraq, and "I got Plans"

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ desipride... well, first of all I was talking about the video by Moore... there are many parts of it in which he just goes and says stuff without looking at Bush's point of view, such as the classroom scene in which there was little else Bush could have done and Moore blew it up to show him as a heartless person. He might be heartless, granted, I'm not judging that, but Moore's arguement was flawed. I saw the video long back so I cannot give many other examples right now but I seem to recall at least a few more...

And like I said, from the presidential debates, I got the impression that Bush would be better than Kerry but not by much. My reasoning is based completely from the debates and so could be wrong as unlike you I'm not living in The US... But certainly from the debates Kerry didn't come out to me as a good world leader.

4. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

Moore is only trying to argue,what american public is afraid to do...for some reason, the TV/Media don't seem to go against Bush and neither does the public even though they know what bush has been doing, so all Moore did was, he raised his voice for the american people

5. esgallindeion

Ok, that he did, at first. But with his constant money making endeavours, he has lost all credibility, according to me.

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

well, maybe u have, but a lot of other people still believe him

7. esgallindeion

Ya, granted. :) So, end of debate?

8. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

okay, it's the end

9. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

i want to c the movie...havent yet been able to see it... wil watch it surely...
    hey i saw eminems video.. dats really cool one..
    eminem alwaz comes up with some controversial stuffs like these..
    even michael jacksons controversial stuff essayed in his video just lose it is awesome...

10. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

11. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

this might be ignorance in my part but when did he try to make money? and since when is that a bad thing to do? i thought it was selfless of him to make the movie, he didn't intend for the movie to be so successful. isn't it riskey to make movies like farenheit 9/11, i mean who makes money out of those types of movies, aren't they usually unsuccessful in the box office?

12. esgallindeion

Well to quote but one example, he cancelled a talk in a university after they said they could not pay him the ridiculous amount of money they had previously decided on. If he were so intent on voicing his opinion, money shouldn't have come in between him and the many students who would have heard him in the university forum.

13. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

well, collage students are ignorent anyway.....:p:

i just wrote that coz i can't find anything else to say.......

14. esgallindeion

haha... well, anyway... I do not take anything Moore says or writes very seriously... he'll soon fade away as a ridiculous fad..

15. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I just saw it yesterday and it was totally anti-Bush and unbelievably biased. Hey I'm not pro-Bush in the least but it showed Dubya in a very negative role.

16. esgallindeion

Join the club dmf... u and me... the rest here hold Moore with great reverance. ;)

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Yeah it's practically the same everywhere. People were constantly raving so much about "Bowling For Columbine", it made me sick. However I still thought it was ok with the gun issue and everything being real problems facing american society. Farenheit on the other hand was just an outrage against the Bush machine. Still, I think the world would be better off with him not being in the driver's seat of the most powerful nation in the world.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: Is anyone else sick of the comments going as "Kerry would have been so much of a better president than Bush". I think those comments are so ridiculous and utterly baseless, that it leads me to believe that people who make such statements have frankly no idea what they are talking about.

18. esgallindeion

Yes, Im sick of those comments too, but I really don't care if people want to believe that...

19. hmm well...
    i never said kerry would make a better president or somethin..
    and i never held moore in reverance...
    hmm...well i honestly think this movie made sense to me..and if it wernt for the detailed facts i would have thought otherwise..

20. esgallindeion

Moore's facts are not very reliable... do not trust everything he says...