Fantasy fiction

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by esgallindeion, Aug 14, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Anybody here like to read fantasy fiction? I'm a huge fan of this genre and it is reflected on my musical tastes as well (blind guardian, rhapsody, winterfell, nightwish etc...)

2. Natasia

Natasia ...

me's heard of rhapsody but never read fantasy fiction... wats it abt essi??? care to enlighten these ignorant lower life forms here on planet earth.....

3. esgallindeion

aaah... fantasy fiction... all fiction can be called fantasy but fantasy fiction is basicaly the types written by Tolkien, George RR Martin, Robert Jordan, Robert E Howard, C S Lewis... Ya even, JK Rowling and Enid Blyton are fantasy writers. Anything hich deals with a world different from the one we live in, in ways that are impossible can be called fantasy...

4. Natasia

Natasia ...

ohhh,,,,,,okkiieeeee now me gets it.......... dunno abt all the others ... but me used to llloooooveeeee enid blyton as a kid... and at some level even now... all the elves..the giants.... the gnomes.. berrryyyy beryyyyyyy fasinating indeed .... :) :) :) ......

5. esgallindeion

Haha... i think everyone must have loved enid blyton sometime or other... all those stories about faraway trees ad wishing chairs with pixies and elves are just thething a child culd need

6. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

i like j.k. rowling....read all the harry potter books :)....... loooooove stiphen king.....and also r. l. stine (that dude is a weirdo man)

7. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i love Tolkien - Lord of the rings. . .and of ourse harry potter 1-5

8. tejas

tejas ..........

I love the Harry Potter series. R.L.Stine's books are also good but a little crazy.

9. demonstealer666

demonstealer666 New Member

i love fantasy fiction, that to science fiction. any of u guys read HG wells Time machine? i luv that book very much.

10. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I like Stephen King.. Rowling?? Not sure.. Read them all but.. tolkian is something i liked.. I read a lot of Franz Kafka.. Most of you would not have heard of him.. my dad got his books from Germany.. I just love it.

11. esgallindeion

Stephen King is good.. I'm reading his Dark Tower 6 curently

12. jayanth

How's it??

13. esgallindeion

Its beginning quite well... haven't got enough time to progress beyond the first 50 pages so far... :(

Are u a tower junkie too??

14. Natasia

Natasia ...

my dad told me there's kafka's book "the trial" lying around sumwhere in the house.... now me will find it and read it... right now me's reading the alchemist by paulo coelho.... n the last book i read was ... stephen king's bag of bones.... it dragged on a li'l in the beginning but got ok... by the end...

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Right now im reading "The Da Vinci Code" By Dan Brown. Its not fantasy fiction though, its a thriller. From what i've read so far, its awsome. Hope it stays the same or gets better.

16. jayanth

Before reading The Trial, Read the Castle.. Then you will get little sad.. But if you read the Trial, You change your attitude towards life totally.. You change.. So I'll tell you how to go about reading Kafka.. Last book i read was.. "The Works Of Ruskin Bond" .. I loved IT..

17. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah i read the time machine by hg wells. .. its an awesome book ..!!

18. jayanth

Any other Kafka fans other than Nats and ME???

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I am a huuuuuge HP fan.....have read all the books atleast 5 times each...
    I even like Artemis fowl...though its not in the same league as HP :p

@nats : thats a lovely book u r reading...very simple yet inspiring
    @tejas : it sure does......

20. jayanth

But how can someone read HP 5 times.. I was more like the first time oNly kind of a book,..