Fade to Black cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by gi[lomu]rish, Nov 13, 2006.

1. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

now that what im talkin bout!!the straight forward approach,ronnie the man..

2. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

okie then...I shall listen to the song and try to get my version of it out....

3. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

what are the other metallica songs that are coverable?Some suggestions would be nice..:)

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Mama Said. :)

5. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

ya thats a nice song..What bout until it sleeps,i thought of trying that..May be turn the page as well :)

6. geniusoid

Metallica songs tht can be easily covered on acoustic:

Nothing Else Matters
    Call of the Ktulu ( quite some parts from the start)
    Fade to Black
    Tuesday's Gone (though its not their original)
    Unforgiven

Tht reminds me of another Metal band who has this song I love on the acoustic - Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Tunr the page is not Metallica :p:

8. geniusoid

Stuph frm their twin pack album Garage Inc is not their stuph, guys!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But IMO those are better than Metallica origianals.
    :RollLol:

10. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@alpha:i know its by bob seiger;)..by the way Kill em all and Ride the lightning are the best tallica albums..

11. geniusoid

Hey no! There is so much emotion behind ONE - if u can understand the story behind the song, u can actually feel the emotions being revealed thru the music....the pain, the anger, the frustration....

Most of the songs in S&M are amazing, especially with the San Francisco Orchestra addin so much spice to Metallica's several originals... Wathcin some of the vidz still gets me goosepimples (but nuthin can beat Pulse - Floyd ;) )

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

And most importantly....some money making commercial ideas :beer: :beer:

13. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

SnM was an amazin Concert..Hetfields voice rules in that concert..esp somgs like Of wolf and man ,the thing that shud not be freakin gives u the creeps..Metallica is more of thrill with most of their songs like MOP,OWAM,Fuel,etc..One and Fade to black are amzingly composed songs..
    Most emotional songs by Floyd on an instrument would be Marooned..

14. geniusoid

Hey no! Both are totally diffnt moods...it`ll be fun to see the reaction of the crowd if Gilmour was to play Coming Back to Life, after a Metallica performance of One!

I still get goose pimples watchin Gilmour (not Gi(lmou)rish) perform Coming Back to Life on the Pulse tour

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I think Gilmour's high points would be:
    Shine on you like crazy diamond

and

What do you want from me

and

Comfortably numb

Sunno what am tyoping coz am drubk.

16. geniusoid

yre drunskfd and uert mmakkingg a lootaa smelling pisstakesss aalfphaaa! :beer:

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:beer:
    :)
    Yeah, guess I need a sleep.

but thejh nheck tomorow is Saturday, fvck gym for one day, ill go on sunday

18. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@genusoid:nice one da but u should listen to Gi[lomu]rish;) more,by the way wat was missing in the version,i played note to note..I know i can never get Gilmours feel apart from that i mean

@Alpha:Would u like to have some more beer!!!lol

19. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

hey Alfa and Genu ive posted a new song and yeah im sure alpha will like its by jimihendrix-FIre..So enjoyyyyyyy :D