Fade to Black cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by gi[lomu]rish, Nov 13, 2006.

1. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

www.soundclick.com/girish

Hey this song needs no intro..the entire thing is on acoustic..its not very great ,just a home recording..Do comment cheers..

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

Feedbacks plz

3. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm decent effort mate just for the sync problem i think it was ok.all the best for a better version.

4. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

was my first attempt with guitars and vocals :) ..i mean singing along with guitar
    will imrpoove the version

5. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

nice..but in intro,wen u wer playin the lead,i felt u lost the synchronization with the background thing at some places...the tempo was fluctuatin..but nice effort..

6. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

U totally ruined the start, thanks to poor beat sense! No!!! Strumming is decent... but u sound edgy coz u`re pressing the frets a bit harder than whts needed.... the vocals sounded good and i thought tht maybe its the sync like others said.....but then i heard some leads after tht too (the ones in the middle) - its poor beat sense and not outtasync issues with the mixing.

And I wasnt actually expectin to hear the end leads anyways - surprisingly the song stopped abruptly!

To Do for u - Improve ur beat sense!!!!!!!

Remember, I`m not flaming u - i`m just being critical, coz I know how the song shud go and feel tht there is potential for improvement in u - if u were hopeless, i wont even comment!

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. Intro rhythm was decently done
    2. Intro leads were I guess off beat, probably because more practice is needed. Usually what happens is that we master the rhythms faster than leads. And then when you play them simultaneosly, the leads come out slower, (and/or) sloppier than rhythms. I am sure if you play the rhythms slower, evrything will fit nicely.
    3. The string bending needs to be stronger. I feel the bent notes were missed. Usually on acoustic string bending will be a lot more tougher than on acoustic.
    4. Somehow I have a feel that there was one string not in tune, very slight though and not annoyingly :). Most probably D or G string.
    5. Vocals are nicely done. Of course I would prefer a mellower version, but then that's all personal choice. :)
    6. Interlude leads also exhibit the into leads waali problem.

PS: Dude you are wearing "Death" T-Shirt, but they don't figure in your list of inspirations? :p:

8. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@genusoid :no harm done all taken in the good spirit..

@alpha:will work on the points mentioned by u

Well ive just been playing guitar for 6 months now,can someone tell me how to play that sweep thing in the intro solo its too damn fast any exercise i can do to get it right?

9. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@Alpha:Death metal is just a thrill cant sit and listen to it 24hrs..And i like Death as a band really talented musicians...

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

As with most things in playing guitar, speed comes with practice and experience.

And the more important thing to look out for is accuracy as opposed to speed. So play the passage slow, but accurately in time.

That accuracy in time, if difficult on self, can be helped by metronome.

Infact think of metronome as the drummer, slow down the metronome so that you can comfortably play the passage.
    Once your fingers learn the lick, increase the metronome speed. And try to play to that BPM.

In due course you may realise that you don't exactly need a metronome to do this "time/beat keeping" to increase the speed. Till then, however, metronome.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PS: I feel like LoLing at my post.
    considering that I still have a sloppy technique.

Hahahaa

12. geniusoid

Try breaking out the 1st 2 notes on the sweep and then playin the rest of it...I had this version in which Hammet plays the same stuph on acoustic - he doesnt play it the same way, but breaks it up a bit and loses a few notes to fit it in....its much easier on an electric to just get away :)

Visit my soundclick page to hear something I played to help u understand wht I`m talking abt....

www.soundclick.com/geniusoid

Its titled - Fade to Black Intro

13. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@alpha:i do practice with metronome...ya its need more time as u said and accuracy..i saw vids of Rock Discipline,too much discipline at one point couldnt take it lol

@genousoid:electric its tough to cover up da ive heard the acoustic version he plays it differently,but then its about perfecting it cuz otherwise u wont be satisfied with ya playin..but ur tecnique may come in handy in tough times ;)

14. geniusoid

no...its easy to cover up in electric....i`ve played both types....i know...Shall do the same recording for u in electric over the weekend, if u want me to prove the point! [;)]

15. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

i heard ur acoustic thing u played its sounds pretty obvious ur are not playing something similar,i liked ur rhytms though..Hey u goin to play something for me???lol can u play me little wing would like it :)

16. geniusoid

its the real tabs for the fast sweep tht i`m playing dude....

Pardon my ignorance, but whts Little Wings? I am an acoustic guitarist - donno abt all ur electric shredder music and all...

17. geniusoid

dude those are the actual tabs i used for the lead sweep - just tht i broke the 1st 2 notes and then the rest followed thru - when Hammet plays it, he does it much slower than I did, in the recording tht i have, and he misses a lotta notes frm the original, which I havent done...u can slow down the song and analyse note by note!

Pardon my ignorance, but whts LITTLE Wings? If its some Electric shred or somethin, forget it - i`m an acoustic guitarist.... I cud do a lil intro on Mediterranean sundance by McLaughlin as a compensation ;)

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Little Wing is a song by Jimi Hendrix.
    Covered by innumerabke number of people in their own way.
    Notably: Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Vai.

There is nothing electric in that song. It can be done on acoustic too. A delay and overdrive will, of course, add to the sound.

19. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

@alpha:Dimebag(RIP) also adds up to the list to cover little wing..

@genusoid:Cool check out ur version too :)

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Go ask your guitarist...He can't play it either..but will tell you now to approach it....