Facts about INDIA - Our Motherland

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by prattu, Aug 22, 2007.

1. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

:RollLol: (mean though)

2. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Yeah exactly my point..unfortunately I happen to imagine its King George V..

I'm actually saying that I don't really believe that theory but unfortunately I can't imagine the anthem to be as patriotic as I used to..that's it.
    Its like when you see a magic trick and then some1 explains (maybe wrongly) of how it was performed and the trick no longer seems incredible..bad example but I hope you get the point..

3. i'm_not_neo

I did read that..which is why I'm not asserting the fact that the anthem was written for King George V...

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

So let's see, list of things to do for extremist patriots
    1)Burn all versions of the national anthem and have one of our glorious musical and lyrical talents compose a new one. Himesh reshmaiyya or the like.
    2)Force people to stand during the playing of this anthem.
    3)Cut down all who oppose the above notion.
    Patriots indeed.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

And really, what is more important to you? The original author/poet's interpretation of the poem or what it means to a country as a whole? As others have pointed out, the poem and the variables in it are wide open to be interpreted and substituted with your "values". So why not do it and stop harping about the original intentions? Jesus, it's just a song.

6. i'm_not_neo

Just 3 words...wtf???
    Read all the posts again and if you still don't get what I wanted to say then forget about it..

7. i'm_not_neo

hmmm..you're making it sound like I want the whole of India to hate the song..I don't and I can't.Like you said,it's open to be substituted by many values..I was just stating one interpretation of the song which happened to affect my feelings for the song.Nothing else.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^ Regarding your first post, was i talking about you? Or was that a guilty conscience. Second post, again, was i referring to you? As you've so adeptly shown, when i'm talking to a single person, i quote him. Mmkay?

9. i'm_not_neo

Your first post did seem generalized when I read it...but still,I gave a reply assuming it was directed at me...sorry..didn't know you were just giving an opinion..
    Hmmm...second post,it started off with "what's more important to you?"...that felt it was directed at me..hence my explaination...
    Okk so you quote some1 when you're talking to him....mmkay.

10. d_ist_urb_ed

No problem. It was my mistake as well. I should have explicitly specified the audience in the second post. I was merely just irked with radical extremist patriots (we've had several on this website since it's inception), that's why it was a silent jab at them. Nothing against you, your opinion is respected.

11. mehyd

mehyd New Member

What is this quotation

12. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Btw, lemme clear something. If it was meant for George V, then please explain this
    Code:
    Jana gana mana adhinayak jaya hay...

Meaning something along the lines of, "The one who believes in the power of the people, we salute you..." ie praise of democracy (@alpha1 - Propagating the idiocy of the masses). How can you write a poem about a KING (aristocracy, kids) and praise him as the democracy-server? Doesn't really suit my mind.
    @alpha1 - Me and one more classmate stand up when the juniors are singing the national anthem and we are in our 0 period class. Even if the teacher tells us to sit down. Even if the other students laugh. :p:
    @d_ist_urb_ed - Either you're in a really bad mood/pissed off (wont blame you, this thread went retarded from the second post) or you're trying your old form of humour XD

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Post date 28-8-2007. Your use of the present tense is challenged. Your revival of this thread is challenged. You are (mentally) challenged. :p:

14. ultrabot90

Oh, I thought this was a new thread which gathered posts just a BIT faster.
    The above statement justifies the use of present tense. Even if it doesn't, then you can safely assume that I said
    Thus, you stand CHALLENGED. :p:
    Edit - I know that the above grammatical venture isn't the most refined. But come to think of it, it'd sound the same as saying you+were/are.

15. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

This thread is challenged.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

utter crap

... the thread that is

17. i'm_not_neo

This is my last reply to this thread,I would even avoid typing this one but it was,I guess,me who started the "King" controversy.And though I would prefer not to delve into that again,I would just defend this one argument you put forth.
    I don't know where you got that meaning.But what I do know is that it means:
    "O! Dispenser of India's destiny, thou art the ruler of the minds of all people"
    (Wiki)
    Hopefully that clears some fog.
    And I totally refrain from insulting you on what "suits your mind".

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm glad i wasnt on igt then.

19. ultrabot90

I'm honoured.
    This thread should have included another point.
    The people of India don't even know the meaning of their own national anthem.
    This, however should not be misconceptionalized as me saying that I, !neo, or anyone else is correct. The mere presence of ambiguity in the peoples' minds regarding the context of the national anthem is the greatest shame on the nation, don't you think? I wasn't taught the national anthem's meaning. Not even in a good and influentially big school of posh South Delhi. :/

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

perhaps that is exactly the reason you weren't taught the meaning?