Extreme Metal

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

they're a jazz imnfluenced band. Check out Cynic or Spiral Architect , if you like those two bands, you might like Athiest.

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Do you know where i can get any mp3, sample, cd..... etc?

3. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Atheist is good. I have heard a bit of Spiral Architect too. No clue about Cynic. Have you heard Control Denied by any chance?

I recently heard AnaDies. A nice band they feature male and female combo vocals. Frankly, I dont know what genre they fall into. But they sound good. You can get some of their sample MP3s from https://www.anadies.com/main2.html

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

if u like spiral architect listen to pestilence...they r good

5. shsnawada

The singer (female) is quite good. What was funny was her trying to sing atonaly.

6. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

What does Atonaly mean?

Anyway I dont like the band a lot, its their rhythm (slow female vocals with growls in the backdrop) which sound pretty good.

@Wizard No idea about Pestilence. I'll surely check them out. Thanks.

7. shsnawada

Atonaly means singing without any variation in the tone. Kind of like spoken vocals but not excactly.

And is the one on centurymedia's website the only once was not song that you have?? Then i guess i have more than you. :p:

8. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

At times even I felt the female is singing atonaly (I didnt know about the word). Anyway they are decent I got few more songs by them they are not good in all songs. And their style sounds pretty cliched at times as if they are repeating the same in most songs.

Yes I have the one from their website guess I need to get more.

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

10. shsnawada

Is there any other band which is appropriate to this thread, has female vocals, and the name not being kittie? Hate Eternal, hook us up...

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Tristania??? Dunno bout her name being Kittie...

And can you actually call it Extreme???

And what of Sinister?

12. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

there is OPERA IX

growling female vocals

if yoru looking for operatic kind there is therion and nightwish (extreme melodic :))

then there is theatre of tragedy, the sins of thy beloved, lacuna coil, third and the mortal and many more.

13. shsnawada

No, i dont call that extreme, but the last time i asked a similar question, people did end up saying kittie's name.

@Demonstealer: The nightwish singer, sounds like she escaped from an opera, but its good.

I will check the others out. Thanks for those.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Archenemy....i havent seen anyone talk about them....growling female vocals....bad-ass stuff

@demonstealer...is lacuna coil extreme metal....??....i never found them that extreme...but they are an awesome band

15. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

sorry i thought someone mentioned arch enemy earlier.

Well nightwish singer Tarja is an opera singer and she is amazing.

Abt launca coil.... well they arent extreme but a great band with female vocals.... they fall under a genre called Darkwave... or something.

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Lacuna Coil are awesome.....they have a new album coming out sometime early 2006....

darkwave...hmm....did a wikipedia search on tht...Android Lust also comes under tht....pretty good band.....femme metal fans shud chk out tht...

there are also After Forever, Epica, The Gathering, Theater of Tragedy nd Within Temptation worth chking out

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

The Sins Of Thy Beloved - Nice stuff... I've heard this onew track of thiers with a violin solo... liked it...

ToT = Hmm... ohk... Nightwish - I've got just one track... and that's the problem...

Can ne1 tell me more of Vinter Sorg??? and Rotting CHrist???

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Rotting Christ are good.....basically death/black/goth metal.....mast band...try them....esp their earlier works....their new stuff is kinda melodic death/black metal.....its good too..

19. shsnawada

20. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Check out more by Nightwish; The 'Wishmaster' album in particular is quite amazing.