Expectation makes heart seek!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by karan_Royal, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karan_Royal

karan_Royal re-chord

Hi
    Dear all,i dont want to come with complains.Infact I must thank to such agreat concept with great ease,like yours. But still human expectations do not have end.Even then,I would suggest lesser turnaroundtime which will lead this site grow faster.
    Thanx.

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

thanks karan , but i am not too very clear by your post - can you explaing the same again !!!

3. karan_Royal

karan_Royal re-chord

Ya,sure bob,There are many requests for songs(including 2 of mine).Since many days they are unanswered. I mean to say if response to those request gets faster,the more & more popular will become the site. Thats all!!!nothing complicated.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

It's not in our hands whether they are answered or not karan, if somebody comes up with the tabs of the song, they'll answer to your thread. As far as i'm concerned we dont have any hand in that. I mean, we cant force a person to tab a requested song. If you want you can offer them incentives like points and good rep. Maybe that'll make them respond to requests faster.

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

got it karan !!! and i am sure the turn around would be much faster as we have many good tabbers and guitarist in our site , its juss very unfortunate that 2 of ur tabs have been unanswered for all these while !! sorry abt that !

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

@karan royal pay be $100 a song and set an sla of 1 week, and i will meet the sla.
    Since u r not paying anthing, no one is obligated to meet your requests.
    can u think of one incentive for me and others who post tabs.. to post tabs on demand? we post songs which we have learnt.. and like.. and know how to play. if abc wants to learn song xyz dont u think it is unfair on the side of abc to actually demand some kind of quality of service?

7. karan_Royal

karan_Royal re-chord

Yes,I do agree but wat i expect is ideal & no ideal thing exist in the world!!! ;) & inthis practical world u not are sure for quality even if u pay. :cool: So i am not at all :nw: forcing anybody to reply faster but u can say begging heavily :nw: 'cause that is the way to learn!!!
    @IGT can start musician of the week etc...(Not weak musician......kidding :p: ) I thank u all musicians jayaswami,bandbaja,jayanath....list is very big)

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Please "beg" heavily while making requests and then maybe you'll get results. And wrong thread to be talking about practicality. Dont go off-topic, and musician of the week?...... Yet another member doesnt know to spell names properly....sigh.

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i got pissed when i saw jayaswami.. then i saw jayanath.. so suddenly it felt really funny :p:

10. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

actually i second j's initial post..... moreover this is forum and not chat room ... ppl have tons of other things to do, before they come here to relax..... so "be patient" is key to all i guess.....

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i still feel this site is not where it shud be standing. Like, we have most of the posts in chat section of this forum in like 24000 posts and in others its like not even close to dat. theres loads of difference!! this site is dedicated to guitars tabs, songs and everything related to music. however, its doesnt look like dat when we have got loads of post in chat section (some of them r totally unnecessary), and very less in other section which are obviously the main theme of this site. some guys like karan even get unnoticed. some threads i have seen in other sections, have the last post of some guy who is asking questions but hasn't got his answer. there are threads which have been updated by any post and in chat section its updated by user like in secs (maybe 2 persons at a time:shock:). the threads in one section was completely a chat section between 2 users and dat thread hasn't been noticed by anyone to make them aware dat this is not the way and they r going offtopic.
    please consider this moderators, or else IGT will be changed to something else, something like a gossip forum or something.
    i aint complaining of any members, wid guys like mamasteen, jayswami, deathmetal, death87, bandbaaja.....and more, we can gain tremendous knowledge however, we shud make an effort to attract more guitar player and user who wud think IGT as a source of learning not a source of chating.
    sorry, i have been noticing this for a quite a while so i thought i shud bring this into notice. i hope i havent offended anyone.

12. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Fictional do you really believe that without chitchat IGT would be a better place? I think everybody here fails to comprehend the significance of chitchat lounge. Without chitchat lounge you wouldn't know anybody else on this board, it brings us all closer. It gives us a medium to interact with each other. It spreads familiarity and you make friends due to it. I think IGT is very strong, it has enough members to see that almost all requests are fulfilled. Maybe the direct reason of visiting IGT isn't chitchat but but once you get hooked to it you cant resist it. I mean i wouldn't revisit or will be a very short visit to a site which doesn't have a mean to socialize. How can you form an community without socializing?

To say due to chitchat your tabs request are not met or any expert advise is not given is foolish. If you are looking for tabs you will check out the tabs section and not the chitchat, only after you find what you are looking for you start checking our the other stuff. I think what can be said is allot of annoying threads keep popping up in chitchat but again nobody is forcing you participate in those threads. You can ignore it, cant you?

ChitChat is an integrals part of IGT, people should learn to appreciate it. Chitchat adds that extra spice, to IGT :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.