exercises for STRUMMING PATTERNS for some Hindi Songs.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by manu5207, Oct 8, 2004.

1. manu5207

manu5207 New Member

Can anyone please post few exercises for some Hindi Songs on STRUMMING PATTERNS (Vamping Style).

2. tsetop

tsetop New Member

hai !well i know few song hope that will help u, song name ajib dastan hai , chord F,C,B#, u can strum this song 4/4 down and up stroke,

3. Liquid

Liquid New Member

can u be more specific??

like i dont know what 4/4 down and upstroke means...

i get the part with a 4/4 beat....but can u specify about the strum??

4. hey ccan u guys zplain what 4/4 mean?????????
    more datails plzzzzzzz
    hey help n i'll reward 100 points if its good help n maybe more if its really helpful for me( up to 1000 )

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

6. Liquid

Liquid New Member

thanks for the link....checked it out and all...

but still...suppose the pattern is d u du

then after u go through one "pattern"....is there a rest in between?...i dunno...

also....do all chords in a song follow the same pattern?

7. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

I have a suggestion!!! Why dont the pros on IGT make some mp3's of the some basic and simple strumming patterns (with suggested songs to the patterns) so that the newbies can have a reference.

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ golisoda - probably midi's ,. nice idea ,... someone should take initiative , can request someone to do so....

nice name btw :)

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@golisoda, i have the lingering doubt that you are from Andhra:think: Anyways, if you want you can post a thread about it in the Feedback forum and your suggestion will be considered. However it is my long standing opinion that strumming patterns are figured out, not learnt.

10. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

@disturbed, I totally agree that strumming patterns have to be figured, but learning some of the patterns would give some outlook or a start point. BTW I am from Hyd.
    @bob, thanks for noting the suggestion and for the compliment. Hope someone works on this.
    h**p://www.grouptherapy.guernsey.net/strumming.html has few patterns on it which are helpful.

11. asif_rox

asif_rox New Member

Well for all the songs that have 4/4 try basic DDUUD or DDUUD/u or DDU/UDU it will suit the song nicely provided there are no varition in between. The strumming may vary like once or twice on each chord

Listen to last kiss - pearl jam and play DDUUD once on chords G Em C D
    try to sing along if u get it right then u can tru the same pattern for any song on 4/4 variations u can figure out with lil practise