Euthanasia

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Asmodeus, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I hope that this isn't confused with the Megadeth album... tho that rocked!!!

Euthanasia = Being allowed to kill urself... basically, cutting out the crap, it's like "Official Suicide" - kinda like the guy in Metallica's "One" video... u say u dont wanna live, the docs will kill you...

I feel Euthanasia can be legalized... Im for it... what bout U???

P>S> Megadet's Youthanasia wuz good! :beer:

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Euthanasia is not just "Official Suicide". Its more of Mercy Killing. That means, when a person is a state where he has to suffer like hell to live, we'd feel he's better of dead, Killing a person under such circumstances is Euthanasia. But i personally don't think it should be leagalized. Just think of all the crime that can possibly be done on its name.
    In this country of ours any grant will be misused in one way or the other. if this was legalized, then someone could easily kill an old man, say he was suffering and make it seem like Euthanasia, but the real motive could be something else. But in certain cases, like the recent one, which happened in Hyderabad, a young man wanted to be killed and his organs donated, because he knew that he wouldnt survive, but the government did not allow it. He died soon after and now his organs are of no use. In such a case, discretion could be used, but then again, whos to say, others will not misuse this case as a setting for crime? We cannot take a chance with this. But if the government could device a law for special cases, this could be helped, but that might be asking for a bit too much. So, to sum up, im in two minds about it, but i certainly dont want it made legal.

3. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Mercy Killing should be legalized..... It's better to die than to live like a stray ill dog.

4. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

yeah i also feel the same that it should be legalised. when a person doesnt want to live then who are we to force her/him to live.........

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..im all for it!

6. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

yeah me tooo ... :rock:

7. Sanjay Mazumder

But we can do nothing as long as the govt. is not for it.

8. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Do you think any person who wants to end his own life is thinking clearly?
    How many of you who support this said no to abortion? If you can't let an able minded woman take care of her own body by removing an unborn foetus, how can you let a man kill himself?
    Can you think of the legal complications that may arise? How many murders can be forged using this idea?

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i think killing other people should also be made illegal, even if they belong to some other country.

10. Sanjay Mazumder

^^^ur funny..........

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Whats so funny??? Hey, I sound of other's views... Its nice that so many of us actually support Mercy Killing but like, yeah, Tejas & Ananth do have valid points...

P.S. Ain;t "Mercy Killing" in a Megadeth song too??? "Holy Wars" me thinks!!!

12. u want an essay for that i can post one of abt 1000-2000 words u tell me lolz
    #
    well euthanasia really ticklish issue
    i would say yes in some cases n no in others