ESP Guitars in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Shredder, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hello Guys...

I saw this ESP MH-50 guitar on sale in Abu Dhabi for 1800 Dihrams (comes to about 19800 INR). My predicament is whether to buy this or not??... if i buy this then the question of bringing it safely back to india arises, with the guys stowing the luggage chugging it around like a sack of potatoes and then theres the salivating custom's officials at mumbai airport...

do you think i can get a good deal in mumbai in furtados or bhargavas for this budget or should i go for it and buy this guitar ??...

what do you guys suggest...

someone was telling me that theres a luthier in malad who is really gives you
    great value for money... do you guys know anyone like this...

any help is appreciated...

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ive never seen an esp in mumbai being sold - i mgiht be wrong

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Buy it from ABU Dhabi. Coz its cheape and I have never seen an ESP in any of the guitar stores I have been to.

The safest option in my opinion is bringing your guitar as hand luggage.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Cant u destring it or sumthing and declare it as a used item??

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Hello there! me too Never seen ESP in amchi mumbai!

6. chintan9

u dont even have to do that.
    My parents got my guitar without any problems. ITS SAFE!

7. Shredder

Shredder New Member

thanks a lot guys!!!. thats decided then.. will buy this guitar ...
    by the way i was just wondering on the reviews for ESP MH-50...

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

depends from where - i know tis safe from usa - ut maye u might get into trouble - i dont know abt. dubai - but no u cant destring it and called it used - if its used (and by u for that matter) - ud have got to have it cleared while u left india in the firt place - esle they might make u pay customs - i know they still make u pay customs on laptops..

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u r allowd to carry musical instruments as cabin baggage....u just saythat u play it...ekdum thanda

10. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

if you're an intermediate, dont get the Mh-50, it sucks balls. Go by the numbers toi see which axe is good or not. Anything above 200 (for example M-200, MH-200) is considered good.

For example the MH-50 is made of crappy agaithis and has ESP pickups.

The Mh-400 is made of mahogany, and has a flame maple top...not to mention EMG 85/81 pickups.

you deicide whats better.

I reccomend you head to ebay and check out some 300 models since theyre more affordable...only problem is ESP stopped producing most 300s.

11. chintan9

dude we all know that the MH400 is better(no second thoughts on that). But you've also got to take into consideration the budget . The MH400 is seriously expensive.

12. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

^ i didnt say that you should go out and buy and MH 400, it is pretty expensive.

Look around Ebay for the 300 models, they may be used but they are kick ass guitars at low prices.

13. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i wish ebay would ship stuffs to india rather whole world.

14. Shredder

Shredder New Member

yeah guys.. i know that MH400 is better but its way out of my reach... what i wanted to know was for that budget (approx 19000) is it a good deal ???.. or shall i buy a ibanez from bhargavas .. frankly i am not so sure about buying a ibanez...