ES 335 Copy

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by HendrixClapton, Aug 7, 2010.

1. flood

flood New Member

i'm probably going to snag a DS-1 at some point and keeley mod it. need to keeley mod my mt-2 (what a lousy pedal), or perhaps do some other mod (there's a bunch of em touted aroundthe intertubes - marshaboogie, diezel, bogner which sound nothing like the actual amps in question, but what the hey).

i've left my TS10 untouched for the moment, but i think i'm going to stick a socket in there and try some burr-brown opamps. open things up a bit.

2. flood

flood New Member

i'd probably want something that can get those infamous reverse reverbs, but can do other stuff decently well too. i'd say 70% massive halls, 30% springlike.

you don't like the space echo much, i take it? never played that epdal, heard some clips though. it sounded pretty neat.

do you live in bombay?

3. nandac

nandac New Member

shailm, what kinda space echo do you have? might be interested - since i like peter green so much.

4. flood

flood New Member

5. nandac

nandac New Member

if this is the one, what condition is it in and how much are you looking for it?

i have an old boss reverb/delay combo pedal which i normally use for echo. but a space echo pedal might be interesting.

6. insatanity

insatanity New Member

I got a Keeley MT-2. It's pretty cool.

7. flood

flood New Member

hey, did you A/B it against the original? does it open up a bit more? a bit more dynamic? the stock MT-2 is so overcompressed it's ridiculous. doesn't matter how hard or soft you pick anymore. instant ZJHAAAAAANGZSH

prefer the zoom tri-metal for br00tal sounds, but i'm not really a metalhead.

8. shailm

shailm New Member

yes, i live in bombay, and yes thats the space echo im talking about.
    "i'd probably want something that can get those infamous reverse reverbs, but can do other stuff decently well too. i'd say 70% massive halls, 30% springlike. " - for the reverse reverb, the cathedral has a reverse mode, but i dont think its what your looking for. i dont think any pedal has the reverse mode thing your looking for, you might have to go rack. otherwise, for great halls and springs i would suggest ehx as the way to go. the cathedral is great but pricey, the nano grail is also really nice(the big box ones have power supply issues, thus noisy) and a small pedal, but beware of the ehx nano series, sometimes there are issues with the switches.

9. shailm

shailm New Member

the space echo is a great pedal, the only reason im considering selling is to fund a deluxe memory man. some of the things the space echo has over the dmm is tap tempo, the ability to go really crazy if your in the mood(listen to radioheads pyramid song, the weird sounds in the background is the rack unit which this pedal is based on), and reverb (though i rate the reverb so-so).
    im not a 100 % sure im going to sell yet, depending on if bhargavas has them(they apparently got a few ehx pedals some time ago), and at a decent rate. or then i have to wait till someone i know gets back from the states.
    the pedal is in great condition, just a little dusty. no box or original manual(i think, i might or might not have it lying around somewhere). no power supply, batteries included!(this one takes AAs)

10. shailm

shailm New Member

also nandac, can i get some more pictures of the hb35?like close ups and stuff

11. shailm

shailm New Member

also to warn, i have no idea if this pedal is true bypass, nowhere does it mention anywhere.(I personally dont mind boss bypass at all, in fact towards the end of a long chain i think it actually helps). also this pedal's volume control is engaged even in bypass mode. the volume knob at about twelve/one a clock is unity i think.

12. insatanity

insatanity New Member

No, I haven't A/B'd it. I had tried the original at Bhargavas. On this one, the output doubles when I switch from the stock to the Triple Diode mode. I run it into a BE3 Brat+. I just got this yesterday so still need to spend time digging it. I've got a MXR M-108 to mess around more with the frequencies.

13. flood

flood New Member

hmmm, thanks for the heads up. i guess the alesis microverb would work well and is pretty cheap, either that or a yamaha magic stomp. i'm not a reverb user as such, but am getting more and more attracted to the sound of shoegaze.

the ability of the space echo to go truly berserk is relevant to my interests. i do have a truly messed up russian modulating delay (think of a DMM, only with thrice the delay time, and addicted to 12-bit digital crack) but the noise factor is a deterrent.

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

At what amp breakup/volume? I'm thinking it might be overkill?

15. insatanity

insatanity New Member

It's 5W but it still gets too LOUD. Haven't tried the pedal at full blast yet.

16. bcrich

bcrich New Member

where can i get my stock mt-2 and ds-1 keeley modded? how much does it cost?

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I know the specs of the Brat, I was asking what volume you have the amp set to when you use the MT-2, and how much you set the gain on the pedal to.

18. flood

flood New Member

doesn't the brat mush out with all that gain? i can't use my muff designs at all with my 5W amp (ok, it has a lot of gain on its own). i'm guessing you have the volume on the MT-2 set way down and the volume on the amp set a bit higher.

definitely need to do that triple diode mod though. that should increase headroom a wee bit, i think.

19. flood

flood New Member

....by robert keeley, i guess?

https://www.robertkeeley.com/

20. bcrich

bcrich New Member

is there any shop in india i can get it modified?